PDA

View Full Version : General Enquiry...

Kimpatsu
12th February 2002, 05:25
Gassho.
I have a question for members of the BSKF on this forum. (Hi, Steve, George, and everyone else :wave: )
Why has the BSKF homepage not been updated since 2000? I would have thought that most of the news is stale by now. Is there no breaking news, or articles about how Mayfair Dojo is doing since its relocation? Personal views on the world taikai in Paris? Anything? I'm starved of BSKF info from here.
Kesshu,

Steve Williams
12th February 2002, 18:35
Hi Tony

The BSKF site is Georges "baby" so best to ask him.....

There have been a few "minor tweaks" over the last year, but nothing too big.... I hope that George will have the time to update more of the site, but it is difficult for him being the "main man"....

Steve Williams
12th February 2002, 18:36
Actually George, Tony is right..... Come on pull your finger out.... ;) :laugh:

Paul Barnes
14th February 2002, 12:36
George probably has a club or two to run, as well as a private life to deal with. Not to mention a job to keep pinned down....

I'm sure he would welcome any offers of material for the web site. so, let's get off George's case and provide him with some material for the site, rather than questions about why it's not being updated. How about an ex-BSKF kenshi's view of Shorinji Kempo in Japan or an update page about the excellent time the kids had at Harrow before Christmas? :o)

I personally have found that George has updated sections of the web site for me very quickly. He even included two listings for my branch - can't ask for more than that, can I?

Kimpatsu
14th February 2002, 12:49
Hi, Paul.:wave:
The reason nobody's supplied George with articles is that he hasn't asked for any. George, if (when!) you read this, would you like articles for the news? There are several I would like to write.
Kesshu.

Steve Williams
15th February 2002, 21:11
Hi Paul, and welcome to e-budo......

Must say, guilty as charged :eek:

Did Binnie do an article for the local paper (she said she might), if so can that be adapted for the site?

I did say that George had done sone updates, and that it is difficult......

Tony, he has asked us (BSKF) for input, but a wider ex-BSKF kenshi input would be appreciated I am sure.
Have a good time with Mizuno sensei at the weekend.

Kimpatsu
16th February 2002, 00:42
Gassho, Paul and Steve.
OK, I can write some pieces about life here in Japan, and my escapades over the past year. What about two weeks ago? Gratuitous violence for all! :)
Stay well. Kesshu.

Anders Pettersson
16th February 2002, 17:45
:wave:
Hi Tony and everybody else.

Actually Tony if you, or anybody else of course, are willing to write anything that concerns Shorinji Kempo (and maybe Japan) in any way, I would be happy to "publish" it on the Swedish Federation homepage. If you write in English I will also probably make a translation so we get a Swedish version as well.

A small disclaimer though, I can't put up just anything on our site, it has to be somewhat good. :D

/Anders

Kimpatsu
17th February 2002, 00:28
Anders Sensei,
Gassho.
I'll write a piece this week, then.
Disclaimer: It will have to be in English, as my Swedish is non-existent. :wave:
Kesshu,

Onno
17th February 2002, 01:03
Gassho __||__

Hello all,

Anders;
My wife & I are going to Japan later this year to visit her parents. During our three week visit we will be going to at least four different dojos around Japan, as well as a three day seminar at Hombu. Is this the kind of thing that you would like an article on? I am no master of prose, but I might be able to type out a short essay on the trip. Maybe a couple of pics. I could also post it here as well.

Bye for now

Kesshu

Onno Kok
Alberta Shibu
Calgary Canada

Anders Pettersson
18th February 2002, 08:54
Originally posted by Kimpatsu
Anders Sensei,
Gassho.
I'll write a piece this week, then.
Disclaimer: It will have to be in English, as my Swedish is non-existent. :wave:
Kesshu,

Thank you Tony, if you have any pictures those are welcome as well. And don't worry about the Swedish part, myself (or somebody else from Sweden) will translate your article, if it is any good of course. :D

Originally posted by Onno
Gassho __||__

Hello all,

Anders;
My wife & I are going to Japan later this year to visit her parents. During our three week visit we will be going to at least four different dojos around Japan, as well as a three day seminar at Hombu. Is this the kind of thing that you would like an article on? I am no master of prose, but I might be able to type out a short essay on the trip. Maybe a couple of pics. I could also post it here as well.

Gashso Onno
I think that it will be perfect, pictures as I mentioned above are also welcome.
I will soon publish a similar type of article that two Swedish kenshi have written after their trip last year, however I think that a lot of kenshi will find these type of stories interesting and informative.
Looking forward to read about your trip.

Ps. Give my best regards to Noda-sensei.

Kimpatsu
18th February 2002, 09:06
Anders Sensei,
Gassho.
How many words do you want the article to be?
Kesshu,

Anders Pettersson
18th February 2002, 09:18
Originally posted by Kimpatsu
Anders Sensei,
Gassho.
How many words do you want the article to be?
Kesshu,
:wave:
Hi Tony. No need to use the "sensei"-part.

The length of the article is up to you, it depends a little on how you write I guess. And if you can get a few pics then I think it is easier to make the text longer.
To much compact text can be tireing to many people.

Kimpatsu
21st February 2002, 12:02
Anders Sensei,
Gassho.
We are having an all-day juho workshop on Sunday, so I'll take pictures as well and write a full report with pics on Monday.
Kesshu,