PDA

View Full Version : Books on SK?

Snowtiger
20th February 2002, 08:53
There's very little english books on SK. The only sources of SK text I have found were all chapters on SK in general martial arts books like Draeger's.

What are the best english (printed) sources on SK info? Most all "Asian Martial Arts" compilation books have a chapter or paragraph on SK, usually reciting the general history and style of SK but are there any books that have significantly better or deeper info?

Thanks for any replies!

-
Jari Tuomivirta, Finland EU

luar
20th February 2002, 12:45
Originally posted by Snowtiger
There's very little english books on SK. The only sources of SK text I have found were all chapters on SK in general martial arts books like Draeger's.

What are the best english (printed) sources on SK info? Most all "Asian Martial Arts" compilation books have a chapter or paragraph on SK, usually reciting the general history and style of SK but are there any books that have significantly better or deeper info?

Thanks for any replies!

-
Jari Tuomivirta, Finland EU

Gassho Jari:

Well there is the Fukudoku-Hon which you should get from your branch master. However, this book only covers more the philosophical elements and basic stances.

The other is the infamous "What is Shorinji Kempo?" by Doshin So which is out of print and somewhat outdated - at least that is what some of my teachers say. It covers both philosophical elements and some basic San Kyu movements. It also covers the various Embu forms. This book you can regularly find on Ebay for around $100-150 - I have two copies. You can also try someplace that deals with rare antique books and probably get it cheaper.

Good Luck

giacomo
20th February 2002, 16:22
Hi.
In Italy there is a Official Book by Kaiso about SK. So SK in nominated in many other Italian books as a karate style (error :-))

Kesshu

shugyosha
25th February 2002, 15:23
in france i found one book writtend by Harbesetzer about Sk
very interesting, with many waza, go ho, ju ho, and the philozophie
of SK, there is also some kata and enbu.
but no seiho :(

Anders Pettersson
25th February 2002, 16:31
Shugyosha. :nono:

Please remember the forum rules:
Sign your posts with your full name.