PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Seat of my Soul?

Shogun
27th February 2002, 02:11
Dear All,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a UK supplier for zazen seats? (also known as a "zafu")for practicing zazen meditation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.
:toast:

SBreheney
27th February 2002, 14:06
Try Throssel Hole Abbey, www.throssel.org.uk. Their gift shop should sell zafus.

Shogun
1st March 2002, 20:11
thanks for that Sean:wave:

Yugen Phoenix
6th March 2002, 15:14
I recently received a catalog from dharmacrafts.com. Their featured zafus and zabutons, plus other very interesting items, are top-notch and traditionally made. I can recommend you check out their website for your meditation supply needs. They seem a bit expensive but with the quality they seem to put into their products well worth the price. Theres so many other places on the web to find zafus but this was one place I bought mine from and was very happy with. I hope this helps point you in the right direction. Take care.

J. Kopfinger :smokin:

SBreheney
6th March 2002, 17:41
Yes indeed, Dharmacrafts is a maker of some high-quality zafus and zabutons. Their prices might be a little higher than most, but you do get what you pay for. I've since moved on to a buckwheat hull zafu, also made by them -- but the Old Original -- my first zafu (albeit with the addition of a little more kapok)-- which is now used in the sitting group I lead is still going strong after almost 15 years.
They do sometimes make seconds available at a discount -- check out their website, drop them an email, or give them a call.

Didn't mention them earlier because they're in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and the inquiry was for a supplier in the United Kingdom. I'd be surprised if they didn't ship internationally -- but to be honest, I don't know if it would be economical to do so.

BTW, Dharmacrafts was founded some years ago as a right livelihood of the Cambridge Zen Center, a group in the Seung Sahn lineage.

www.dharmacrafts.com (http://www.dharmacrafts.com)

Shogun
6th March 2002, 20:11
Many thanks to all who found the time to chip in.
Best Wishes.;)