PDA

View Full Version : Staff stand

Anthroman
13th March 2002, 21:13
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to order a verticle stand for a jo. Thank you.
Aaron Miller

Ron Rompen
14th March 2002, 02:25
I have been looking for something similar, not only for my jo, but also for my bo. However, I have found that standing them on end will cause warpage. What I have found as a solution is to use a tool holder (like a shovel or rake holder). These mount to the wall, and you press the jo/bo/rake in between two padded jaws. These close by spring action, and hold the weapon or tool firmly without allowing contact with the ground.

Of course, you mount it to hold the weapon vertically, to prevent warping by gravity.

Shitoryu Dude
16th March 2002, 05:41
I've just stood mine up in the corner for years with no ill effects on the bo.

:beer:

Spiritwinds
21st March 2002, 21:19
If you get a chance check out any photos you can find of dojos in Japan. You'll see long weapons standing in vertical racks.
Also consider going to play pool. You'll find the cues standing in a vertical rack.

Spiritwinds
21st March 2002, 21:22
Sorry

Keith Lutz
Divine Winds Budo

Shitoryu Dude
26th March 2002, 19:55
They have a bo rack at my dojo as well, but we have so many of them it would be a mess otherwise. Standing them up nearly verticle in a corner hasn't hurt any of my bo staffs that I can tell, but they get used frequently and don't stay in the same position for long periods of time. But, what sort of bo would start to warp so readily?

:beer: