PDA

View Full Version : Kosho ryu kempo

O'Neill
20th March 2002, 11:59
Hello ,

I have had expeience with both Aikido and Kempo for several years and I wish to inquire about the history of the Mitose family and their art in Japan. There are claims that they have info on the original temple where their art was practiced. I will refer to my notes later and post the name with some details, I wish to accurate. Does anyone have anything that may shed light on this, historically? I am interested in solid information, either that it existed or didn't. Please understand that I am only interested in the historical value of the information and could care less about opinions on the art itself (technically). I would love to hear from some of the historians/researchers that post here. I used to study Kosho ryu kempo and wanted to ask about several areas of their history. Thank you very much.

Chuck.Gordon
20th March 2002, 13:00
Originally posted by O'Neill
Hello ,
I have had expeience with both Aikido and Kempo for several years and I wish to inquire about the history of the Mitose family and their art in Japan. There are claims that they have info on the original temple where their art was practiced. I will refer to my notes later and post the name with some details, I wish to accurate. Does anyone have anything that may shed light on this, historically? ...

The subject has been addressed deeply in these forums in the past. Hit SEARCH and type in Kosho Ryu. You'll get lots of threads to investigate.

Chuck

O'Neill
20th March 2002, 13:05
Thank you.

Asia
26th March 2002, 14:15
I too have had questions on the Kosho-ji (Kosho Temple) I found out some info on it but nothing linking it to the Mitose Kosho Ryu Kempo.

LeatheJ1
10th April 2002, 21:08
There are some pics of the Kinkaizan Dion Kuji, the temple on Kyushu, Japan where Kosho Shorei Ryu was created at this URL (http://defensiveartsplus.tripod.com/mitose.htm).

CMM
11th April 2002, 20:00
"Dion?"

R. Scherzinger
11th April 2002, 22:20
James,

Where did you get that name from? The URL is shut down or my lame machine can't get there.

Rem

Joseph Svinth
12th April 2002, 07:19
The URL posted above, http://defensiveartsplus.tripod.com/mitose.htm , just worked for me, so probably it was a temporary problem.

R. Scherzinger
12th April 2002, 15:54
Temporarily Unavailable

The Tripod site you are trying to reach has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption.

Dude everyone wants to know about Mitose Sensei so much so they consumed all the bandwidth.

Thanks Joe,

Regards

LeatheJ1
12th April 2002, 22:18
Maybe try a more direct route: http://defensiveartsplus.tripod.com/temple.htm

komatsujin
13th April 2002, 04:25
Hello,

...and hey Rem! How come you never call or write to me?(boy do I sound like a broad).

If anyone wants to see Shaka-in temple(formal name; Kinkaizan Dai Onkyo-Ji)you can go to Yahoo( or even better Yahoo Japan) and do a search on "Syakain". There are now well over 40 web sites that either mention it and/or have pictures of it. It is getting to be quite the popular place for people training for Japans' version of the triathalon. It has the most consecutive steps in all of Japan(3333). Those steps rise to over 980 meters and they are very steep.

You may have trouble if your browser does not support kanji or kana.

-Mike Brown

R. Scherzinger
15th April 2002, 15:40
Thanks Mike,

Thought I was going crazy.

PM for you.

LeatheJ1
15th April 2002, 22:14
Originally posted by komatsujin

If anyone wants to see Shaka-in temple(formal name; Kinkaizan Dai Onkyo-Ji)you can go to Yahoo( or even better Yahoo Japan) and do a search on "Syakain". There are now well over 40 web sites that either mention it and/or have pictures of it. It is getting to be quite the popular place for people training for Japans' version of the triathalon. It has the most consecutive steps in all of Japan(3333). Those steps rise to over 980 meters and they are very steep.

I had no idea that it was so popular. Time for a field trip, before the steps get worn down.