PDA

View Full Version : Pressure point tactics

popupsoldier
26th March 2002, 21:30
Within the relms of FM 21-150 (now superseeded), we see a whole section of the book devoted to vulnerabilities of the body and striking methods which exploit these areas. For instance the Brachias Plexus and it's effect if struck properly.

Can anyone lead me to some literature (or provide their own comments) on the effectiveness of 'pressure-point', 'nerve-point' etc aspect of combat in combat scenarios as opposed to training and 'removal-restraint' scenarios?

Tim Oldham

joe yang
27th March 2002, 22:59
In re my post on retard strength. I used to teach PPCT defensive tactics at a local jail. I like the system. There are a lot of good systems out there. Teaching self defense to LE is a whole seperate thread. The problem is in actual application. Pressure points work great when the subject is just grandstanding. When the subject is amped up on adrenaline, drugs and or alchohol, submission holds, joint looks, even pain compliance can and do fail. Sometimes, even attacking the muscular/skeletal system can have delayed results, if the subject is way out there. Just MHO. I'm sure the real experts out there can tell you otherwise.