PDA

View Full Version : Krav maga boycott

Jappzz
1st April 2002, 20:23
Hi!

To krav maga practitioners.

By many krav maga is considered to be "the jewish" MA. Does this affect your view on the brutal acts in Israel? :(
For those of you who boycott fruits and wine from said country as a protest against israeli oppression: Does this include your training as well?
Scince i'm asking out aloud i'll expect some blunt criticism from supporters of the "Sharon"-regime but i'm really asking the rest of you, the one's that DO think that it's time for mr Sharon to start doing a little "turning of the other cheek" -stuff.

Jesper

Kolschey
1st April 2002, 20:55
Interesting question, Mr. Jesper. Don't be surprised if people find your nickname rather offensive, as it looks like an racial epithet, should one pronounce it phonetically.

In the meantime, could you be so kind as to include your full, real name as part of your signature?

knotwell
1st April 2002, 21:53
But I gotta say this is the silliest troll I've seen yet on e-budo. As such, I'll half-heartedly respond in kind.

"Does this affect your view on the brutal acts in Israel?"

Why would practicing Krav Maga change its adherents' views on suicide bombings?

"Scince i'm asking out aloud i'll expect some blunt criticism from supporters of the "Sharon"-regime but i'm really asking the rest of you, the one's that DO think that it's time for mr Sharon to start doing a little "turning of the other cheek" -stuff."

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'd argue the Israelis have been exercised remarkable restraint. If I were Palestinian, I'd count myself lucky that the Israeli "man on the street" hasn't decided to take a personal interest in my well-being.

In any case, I have a black-sheep relative who once got punched, promptly got up, defiantly stuck out his chin and was immediately knocked back down. An appropriate allegory for your suggested response to this situation.

For which side??? I'll leave that as a readers' choice. I'd suggest a fair reader without an ideological axe to grind would echo Mercutio's dying words and choose both.

TommyK
2nd April 2002, 05:23
Greetings,

I am sure there are plenty of places to share ones views on politics, however, if E-Budo is one of them, I am surprised. The purpose here is to discuss Japanese MA, History and Culture.

Thankfully, they (the moderators)let me post as the Korean Karate I do, is based on Japanese Shotokan and incorporates elements of Aikido. However, discussion of Krav Maga as a MA or a set of fighting techniques is appropriate, anything else said about it is your right as provided by the 1st admendment, but I don't think it belongs here.

With respect to all,
Regards,
TommyK
Tom Militello
"It is true wisdom when one knows when to make a stand and when to turn the other cheek."