PDA

View Full Version : Daito-ryu and Sekiguchi-ryu

Arman
8th April 2002, 14:57
Here's another question for all of you:

Anybody know where Serge Mol (author of "Classical Fighting Arts of Japan: A Complete Guide to Koryu Jujutsu")gets the idea that DR is a branch art of Sekiguchi ryu?

While Mr. Mol addresses the issues of DR's history in his brief section on aikijujutsu, I happened to notice as I was reading through the descriptions of the various ryu that under Sekiguchi ryu he lists a number of branch styles. He identifies DR as one of these, but does not elaborate on it (I don't have the book in front of me so I can't give you the page number - just look up Sekiguchi ryu, or Daito ryu in the Index).

Any thoughts on where Mr. Mol gets this idea from? We can only speculate since he doesn't mention one word as to why he includes DR in his list.

Thanks,
Arman Partamian
Daito-ryu Study Group
Maryland

AAC
8th April 2002, 15:23
Old news..

Search for a old thread "Seeking a Book Review"
Daito ryu Jujutsu of Takada Sokaku, is not the first DAITO RYU!!!!!

Antonio Cobb

Arman
8th April 2002, 20:21
I ran a search on "Seeking a book review" and only came up with a few threads on "Taiho jutsu."

I will search some more using the author's name, but this didn't bring up any info on Daito-ryu or Serge Mol.

BTW, I've heard of a Daido ryu, but not another Daito-ryu. Maybe you could elaborate?

Thanks,

Arman Partamian
Daito-ryu Study Group
Maryland

Arman
8th April 2002, 22:04
Ah, I found the thread! For some reason it wouldn't come up under a general search. Anyway, I guess this is "old news." I am curious, however, if anyone has any further information on this "other Daito-ryu" beyond what is listed in the Bugei Ryuha Daijiten?

Thanks,
Arman Partamian
Daito-ryu Study Group
Maryland