PDA

View Full Version : The 42 Kami Of Aikido

Yamantaka
9th April 2002, 23:31
Hello, All!

Does anybody know the names of the 42 kami enshrined in the Aiki Jinja in Iwama? I believe one of them is O-Sensei himself. But what about the others? ( Goldsbury Sama??? :look: )
Best

Yamantaka
14th April 2002, 10:25
Hello, Guys!

Isn't anyone presently in Japan able to answer my question?
Hoping to get an answer
Best

Yamantaka
15th April 2002, 20:10
Sorry for pestering you all but I just remembered that Saito Sensei is the Guardian of the Iwama Aiki Jinja.
Does anyone from Iwama knows the names of the 42 martial kami enshrined at the Aiki Jinja?
All information will be helpful
Best:look:

P Goldsbury
16th April 2002, 01:05
Hello Ubaldo,

Part of the answer is given on pp.257-259 of Kisshomaru Ueshiba's "Aikido Kaiso Ueshiba Morihei den". The late Doshu stated that there are 43 deities enshrined in Iwama and lists a few. Not surpsrisingly, they are all in the "Kojiki".

I am up to my neck in university work at the moment, but when I can find the time I will translate the relevant sections.

Best regards,

Yamantaka
16th April 2002, 10:28
[QUOTE]Originally posted by P Goldsbury
[B]Hello Ubaldo,
I am up to my neck in university work at the moment, but when I can find the time I will translate the relevant sections.
Best regards,

YAMANTAKA : Dear Goldsbury Sama,

I know you are hard pressed for time and I don't really want to bother you. That's why I was asking for everybody's help.
But I thank you for taking your time to answer me. I'll be waiting for your further information.
Best regards :smilejapa