PDA

View Full Version : Trading Judo books - a suggestion

njm
14th April 2002, 15:21
The recent threads in here about the difficulty and expense involved in getting hold of out-of-print Judo books have started me wondering about the feasibility of trading Judo books between members of this forum.

In making this suggestion, I really have two aims in mind: to gain feedback on the potential interest in the idea, and to ask if the moderators would have any objections.

I quite often find that when I'm searching for Judo books in second-hand bookshops I'll come across perfectly good copies of books which I already have in my collection. If they're reasonably priced I usually buy them, sell them on eBay and use the money to fund purchases of books I want.

What I envisage is quite straightforward and is really just a short cut for the above procedure - if I had a spare copy of a particular Judo book, I'd post a message here offering to do a swap for one I wanted. So, for example, I might offer to swap a copy of E J Harrison's Art of Ju-Jutsu (which I come across quite often here in the UK) for a copy of Kazuzo Kudo's Judo in Action (which I don't see much). Obviously there might be a need in some cases for a small cash adjustment if there was a great difference in the value of the books (Unless anyone particularly wants to swap their Canon of Judo for one of my Tegner books!), but that could be a matter for individual negotiation.

So, what do you think about this suggestion? Would it work? Would you be interested? Any comments, positive or otherwise, welcomed.

methodkey1
15th April 2002, 19:23
njm

I am interested...lets talk

MarkF
16th April 2002, 07:06
BTW: Methodkey,
You have to sign your posts with something real and believable. The administrator is on a tear right now, and is deleting or moving unsigned posts to a cloaked forum.

Just thought I'd warn you. Thanks for taking the business end to email, though.

Mark

Ben_Holmes
26th April 2002, 05:15
What a concept!!! Extra Judo books!

Actually, I *do* have one. On my last trip to a little bookstore in the middle of nowhere, I found an extra copy of "Zen Judo" by Brian Bagot. I've been afraid to try selling it, though, since anyone can go to my site: http://www.bestjudo.com and see that I don't rate it very highly. It would seem sorta hypocritical to give it a bad rating, as I have, and then try to sucker someone out of their money!

But if anyone can offer a trade for it, I'd be interested. Problem is, there's not too much I don't have. But I have faith that someone will find something to interest me!! Anyone interested in "Zen Judo"?