PDA

View Full Version : training shuriken

seth
3rd August 2000, 18:30
hello all
i was just wondering if anyone knew a good place to get rubber shuriken? or does anyone know anyone that makes leather teppan? or does anyone have suggestions on how to make a pattern for either?
thanks
seth

Cilian McHugh
5th August 2000, 15:29
A few of the people who were at the Amsterdam TaiKai brought back some rubber Teppan. Basically they're 3-4inch squares cut from a sheet of thick rubber (about 3cm thick) I was impressed with them as they have enough of a point on them to give an indication of how a real Teppan would be used to strike Kyusho, but they aren't sharp enough to cut you.

Hope this Helps

Barry
5th August 2000, 20:41
Cilian; I have some training teppans for sale still.
I've hand worked a flexible white plastic which was then
dipped around the edges with a red rubber compound.
Only 3.00 ea. plus shipping
Email me
Barry

ps.Dale, Jack and Bill (Judan all) love them

Tamasii Saru
5th August 2000, 21:26
Come down to Jackson, and I can hook you up. The local store sells a cheap version of the stars for $1.99 +plus discount. They aren't the best, but they work. :)

stealth
10th August 2000, 17:04
you can buy rubber gasket material at the hardware store and cut it into 3.5" squares. These are virtually identical to what I saw used at the hombu dojo. The sheeting comes in different thicknesses, experiment to see what works best for you.

kabutoki
12th October 2000, 02:31
I think the rubber shurikens from Amsterdam were sold by Pedro Fleitas. You might also check his website : http://www.seigan.com/

Yours karsten