PDA

View Full Version : kendoshop.com

Dahlia
9th May 2002, 21:15
I'm looking for a new keiko gi right now and since it is to be payed from some rediculous pocket money, I like the prices of this shop. But I know a lot of people who've ordered something there before Christmas and are still waiting for the stuff to arrive. Then I'd better pay 10$ more, I guess.
Is here someone who's already purchased something at kendoshop.com? Does the delivery take the same time in the USA (fault of the shop) or is it only because Germany is so damned far, far away (fault of the post offices)?

gendzwil
15th May 2002, 20:03
Hey, Dahlia. We ordered some kote from kendoshop a couple of months ago and got prompt service. They have a facility on their website to check the status of your order and a bulletin board for posting questions. There was a slight problem where they didn't realise we had sent payment (due to a different person paying than who ordered) but as soon as I realised the process was stalled, I mailed them and got it straightened out right away.

Dahlia
15th May 2002, 21:22
Thank you! I guess I'll take the risk and try it out, the shop is just extremely cheap...

gendzwil
15th May 2002, 21:41
Originally posted by Dahlia
Thank you! I guess I'll take the risk and try it out, the shop is just extremely cheap...
Yes, we ordered 4 sets of 5mm kote for club use. The quality is quite good for the price, the only complaint is that the palms are pretty thin - but for $CDN110 delivered (about $US70), how can I complain?

Another site with good value (at least for some items) is e-bogu.com. Two of our members have bought their 3 mm set which is sale priced at $US390. This set is not as good as the 4 mm sets we get from Koei but quite a bit cheaper, I would not hesitate to recommend them as a good beginners set. Definitely a cut above the super-cheap crap from suppliers like Century.