PDA

View Full Version : New Magazine!

Laurent ESPESO
16th May 2002, 13:02
Gassho to all,

There is a new number of the japanese magazine "Hiden Budo & Bujutsu" dedicated to Shorinji Kempo.
This is the June issue with Mori senseď on the cover page; the price of the magazine is 1100 Yens.

An ad for this mag could be seen in last "Kaiho Shorinji" from May and it is already available.

This magazine can be bought or ordered in all the japanese bookshops everywhere in the world.
I think it could also be ordered from the japanese site of the magazine: http://www.bab.co.jp/hiden/new/new.html

I hope this information could help some kenshis,

Laurent.

Anders Pettersson
22nd June 2002, 17:14
Hi Laurent.

Have you read this issue?
I tried to get a copy by ordering from Hombu (as I have done with the previous Hiden Magazine covering Shornjikempo, this years February issue) but they had sold out. Does anybody know if it is possible to write to the BAB company in English?

Could anybody that has read it (or looked at this issue let us know more about the content?

/Anders

Laurent ESPESO
23rd June 2002, 14:06
Dear Anders,

I know that all the stock of this magazine was all sold out at Hombu but I think it is still possible to order it from Japanese bookstores!

About the company who publish this magazine, I can't tell you if they speak any english, but I can invite you to try sending them an e-mail.

If you can't contact them, I have made a new search and I have found a japanese shop who got it: http://www1.odn.ne.jp/icw/top_book.htm
I think there must be more Japanese shops with internet sites where you could find it also!

Now about this "Hiden Budo & Bujutsu" issue; there is a Shorinji Kempo article about Doki Mori-Senseď.
It is about 15 or 16 pages long with lot of pictures of techniques and explainations about the shoulder and the breaking of equilibrium of the opponent.

If you send me an e-mail, I will send you some pictures I have just made of this magazine for you to see how are the pages...But I can't put them here because of Copyright , etc...

I hope I have brought you a part of the answer!

Gassho,

Laurent.

angrytiger
24th June 2002, 04:01
Question for Laurent:
I have a copy of "le Shorinji Kempo?" 1st edition 1972. The book is the French text. I know that the English version sells well in the U.S.A., however the French version does not. Do you know of anyone who would be interested in this book? If you do,please email me or post a reply.

Laurent ESPESO
24th June 2002, 11:13
Hi,

This book is hard to find now because it is out of stock in France from many years now.

I am sure that some french people will be interested in buying this book but each time I have saw it at bookstores, it was too expensive to be bought by anybody and finally they are never bought...

Anyway, thanks for this information,

Best Regards,

Laurent.

Anders Pettersson
5th July 2002, 20:01
Originally posted by Laurent ESPESO
...If you send me an e-mail, I will send you some pictures I have just made of this magazine for you to see how are the pages...But I can't put them here because of Copyright , etc...

I hope I have brought you a part of the answer!

Gassho.
Hi Laurent.

Thank you for your answer.
I have sent you an e-mail.

/Anders