PDA

View Full Version : Isami Web Site

luar
3rd June 2002, 01:21
Good News:
The Isami web site is now in English and they are accepting on-line orders.

Bad News:
The web site does appear to have problems. For example, the detail information of one of the equipment bags is for that of dogi (do I really need to know that a bag is 70% cotton and 30% polyester?). I would wait a while until they shake these things out. In fact, I already ordered a dogi through my branch master who is Japanese and help me fill out the forms and deriving my name in Kanji.

Needless to say, I am very happy to seem them make this kind of progress.

http://www.isami.co.jp/

luar
3rd June 2002, 01:55
I forgot to also mention that we usually order dogi and equipment collectively at least twice a year to save on the shipping and handling costs. I doubt you would save any money if you order individually.

Gary Dolce
3rd June 2002, 02:11
Thanks for the information Raul. It was nice to meet you last weekend.

Does anyone know if Maekawa has a website? I was pleased with our last order from them and want to order again, but have misplaced the catalog.

luar
4th June 2002, 11:19
I emailed Isami and explained to them that I am a large man at 6'3 (195cm) and 205 lbs (90 kg). I also asked about their returned policy. Below is reply I got. So far I am very happy with their promptness.

Thank you for your visiting our web site.

I don't think we have the regular size for you, but we can make it. That is the special order. You can choose SK-90 or SK-95. We will make the bigger size than size 7, that is suitable for 195cm tall. The price is the follows;

SK-90 195cm (jacket and pants) JPY18,000
SK-95 195cm (jacket and pants) JPY15,750

As those are special, you cannot return it. Most of our regular items may be returned, but you have to pay the shipping fee without our mistake.

Regarding payment, VISA or Master Card is available. Please inform us your card information 1)which card, 2)card number, 3)card holder's name, 4)expiry date with your order.

We will charge your order amount and the actual shipping fee after sending it to you. We don't have any tax and handling charge.

We are looking forward to your order soon.

Best regards,

Yuko Hayasaki
ISAMI Trading Co., Ltd.
yuko@isami.co.jp
fax:+81 480 24 0713

luar
11th June 2002, 20:14
UPDATE

Everyone should check out the revised website. Now they have a method for entering your name so that it can be embroidered onto your dogi.

mike burger
13th June 2002, 05:13
Hi,
firstly, a big thanks to Raul who sent in the info on isami. You don't know how long i and many other of my fellow kenshi have been waiting for some easier way of getting hold of some proper kempo gear.
Any feedback from anyone who has ordered already on this website i.e. shipping costs, length of time that the stuff arrived, etc would be most appriciated.
Once again, a big thanks,
Mike.
:D :D :D

Alexander
14th June 2002, 22:03
Thanks Kikazaru and George Hyde for your replies, and for the additional information. I have searched for more information relating to the court case on the internet in Japanese. Unfortunately, there doesn?ft appear to be any information. So, I would certainly agree, that it is not an issue relevant or interesting to Japanese budo students, at least not those training in Shorinji Kempo?c:D

So it would seem, without access to court records, all we can do is speculate.
And as far as the reversal is concerned, this would also appear to be the case.

Paul Bradsell

Alexander
14th June 2002, 22:09
Oops! I made a mistake.:D
The message above should have been in the ejmas thread. Must have clicked on the wrong thread by mistake. Have now placed the above post in the correct thread. Sorry about that. Feel like a bit of a goose.

Paul Bradsell

Jun Omi
19th June 2002, 21:26
Gassho everyone,

A kenshi in our branch, who is also very big, recently made an order for a special size dogi to Isami and received the product. Incidentally, he also made an order for a special size dogi to Toju, another official Shorinji Kempo brand, and received the product. We are summarizing the whole process in English right now. Please wait a couple more days. I think I can give you the detailed information about special order. Thanks.

Kesshu,
Jun Omi
WSKO San Francisco Branch, USA

luar
14th September 2002, 14:30
I am happy to report that my new Isami dogi (SK-95) has arrived. It was ordered around the last week of July and took one month for them to ship the order. Because of my size and stature, I had to have it custom made. The fit is somewhat large which concerns me because I want to loose weight but I could have it tailoed. The material quality is excellent but they were way too generous with the starch because it is very stiff. I've already washed it 2 times after weaing it only once to see if I can loosen it up a bit but still nothing. I am going to have to use some kind of softner. BTW, it does not shrink that much.

In either case I am very happy with whipping sounds it makes whenever I kick and punch correctly. :)