PDA

View Full Version : kenseikai website

shugyosha
11th June 2002, 23:12
i think some may know this sit but i put it because its a reference for all peaple interested in shorinji kenpo. many techics ilustrated
and videos.
only lack of kongo zen documentation

http://homepage1.nifty.com/shorinji/engindex.htm

bye the way somone know some website about kongo zen?

Robdawson_
12th June 2002, 10:59
Hiya,
Not adding anything new here, but i got asked to do research on Kongo Zen by my Sensei, without looking at the Fukudoko-hon as that offers a too formalised viewpoint of the subject. Does anyone know what the best way to do that is? Most internet sites just go over the same old stuff, and don't add anything more, well, the ones in English at least, i can't read the others! Does anyone know of any good books or websites that could help me? Anything would be good,
Thanks,

Robert Dawson
-------------
Southampton University Shorinji Kempo Club

luar
12th June 2002, 16:17
Robert:

It is my understanding that the English version of the Fukudoku-hon only scantly covers Kongo-Zen and Buddhism. From what I have been told the Japanese version has far more depth to it. Good luck trying to find any good in depth web information or book on it. It sounds like to me you are better off researching Buddhism and So Doshin's life.

Martin Allerby
14th June 2002, 14:57
Hello!

I have experienced the same problem concerning written information about Kongo Zen! The explanation for the lack of written material that I’ve received is that Kongo Zen should be taught through practice and guidance from a teacher – not only in theory. This makes it a bit complicated for us not living in Japan and not speaking Japanese…

However, I have found some additional material (additional to Fukudoko-hon) about Kongo Zen in old Newsletters and old Gassho (later became Newsletters) published by Hombu. This material contains articles and written material/quotes from official speeches performed by So Doshin (study sessions etc.).

If anyone found other sources of written material about this issue translated to English official/ non-official I would very much appreciate to be notice about that.

Best regards,

Martin Allerby, Shorinji Kempo Gothenburg Branch, Sweden
www.shorinji-kempo.org