PDA

View Full Version : Dai Sensei's memorial embu video

TimJurgens
28th June 2002, 14:45
All,

Does anyone know if the 3 year memorial embu taikai held for Akamine Sensei in April 2001 is sold anywere outside of Okinawa? I have a copy from Shureido but would like to recomend the tape to others. It has a particulary well done Eku Kata by Kunioshi Sensei and Akamine Hiroshi Sensei, Dai Sensei's son and successor as the 3rd President of the association does a fantastic rendition of Akamine no Nunchakku.

Tim Jurgens

Doug Daulton
17th July 2002, 03:21
Originally posted by Tim Jurgens ... Does anyone know if the 3 year memorial embu taikai held for Akamine Sensei in April 2001 is sold anywere outside of Okinawa?Tim,

Not to my knowledge. Dometrich Sensei got her copy from Takara Sensei or Inomoto Sensei when they visited recently. I thought the video was only being distributed within the RKHS ... but do not quote me on that.

TimJurgens
22nd July 2002, 14:21
Doug,

I know that it was being sold in Shuredio on Okinawa but they have sold out. By the way I am the tall balding guy that lines up behind Paul in the video. Wouldn't you know it the only close up I got caught me messing up:rolleyes:

Yours in budo,

Tim

TimJurgens
7th August 2002, 05:26
Doug and all,

The video is sold out at Shureido but is still available from Akamine Hiroshi Sensei. He can be reached by e-mail from the www.ryukyu-kobudo.com home page. I also asked Sensei if it was to be sold only to members and he replied that anyone interested can buy a copy member or not.

Tim Jurgens

Nobody
7th April 2008, 22:50
Doug and all,

The video is sold out at Shureido but is still available from Akamine Hiroshi Sensei. He can be reached by e-mail from the www.ryukyu-kobudo.com home page. I also asked Sensei if it was to be sold only to members and he replied that anyone interested can buy a copy member or not.

Tim Jurgens

Good evening,

Any chance of getting a price on this or any other memorial videos from any of the association's Embu Taikai that they have hosted? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

TimJurgens
17th April 2008, 14:56
Akamine Hiroshi Kaicho has the orginal proof I guess you could call it. He is thinking of having it released as a DVD, but this will probably take some time and concnesus gathering. There has been some sensitivity over videos lately and I think it needed some time to settle down.

If you do get a copy, I am the tall white guy who screws up on Sakugawa no kon sho. Wouldn't you know it the only close up I got was when I was fumbling....:cry: