PDA

View Full Version : Rank?

Amphinon
1st July 2002, 17:49
I recently noticed that there were a whole lot of Shodan ranks on e-budo. I was curious what rank everyone (not just the Shodans) are currently at... Me, I'm a 4th Dan.

Jussi Häkkinen
2nd July 2002, 02:26
Kenzo: Well, it isn't completely impossible that some japanese/okinawan head of the style would have found his way to this site. Also, some westerners carry the grades over 8. dan, so...well.

And no, not me. =D

n2shotokai
2nd July 2002, 20:42
Hey there's no option for mauve! Well guess I can't vote on the poll.

Steve Beale

Zoyashi
2nd July 2002, 21:26
What about those of us with different ranks in different styles? I hold dan rank in karate, but most recently received my blue belt in jujitsu. I suppose multiple styles is really a separate issue, and deserves a separate poll.

Josh Gepner

MarkF
3rd July 2002, 10:19
(No honorary or self-promoted))

All ranks are honorary.

Mark

Khahan
3rd July 2002, 19:30
Actually, I'm glad to see so many people below Shodan are active here. Just goes to sho, you don't need to be a black belt to be active in learning and sharing knowledge.

Khahan
3rd July 2002, 19:52
Actually, I'm glad to see so many people below Shodan are active here. Just goes to sho, you don't need to be a black belt to be active in learning and sharing knowledge.

tote
14th July 2002, 08:11
Actually I'm surprised to see so many Dans.

I'd expect more eager novices like myself, hungry for knowledge. I have a kyu rank in a school, but in my mind I'm still a "white belt" and probably always will be.

I suspected that dans would start to shy away from using boards like this, preferring to keep their knowledge secret and avoid "gossip". In a way, I'm glad this does not seem to be true. The depth and breadth of people you meet is sometimes suprising, and it is always fascinating to hear how different people train, and everyone's different experiences and ideas.

Markaso
15th July 2002, 05:21
Originally posted by MarkF

All ranks are honorary.

Mark [/B]

Well?@said?@‚l‚?‚’‚‹. I think that if a Karateka has achieved that rank he or she should be honored as well as the rank.

hobbitbob
28th July 2002, 10:40
At the beginning of practice, I'm pretty darned sweet smelling.
After class, BOY AM I RANK!!!!!
:)

Jeff Cook
28th July 2002, 22:49
"Actually I'm surprised to see so many Dans.

I'd expect more eager novices like myself, hungry for knowledge. I have a kyu rank in a school, but in my mind I'm still a "white belt" and probably always will be."

Caleb, any decent dan rank worth his/her belt will feel exactly the same way.

Jeff Cook
Wabujitsu