PDA

View Full Version : Ruk-B

the Khazar Kid
14th July 2002, 05:02
Presumably standing for Rukopashnij Boj, Russian word for what would otherwise be called military Combatives, Close Combat, CQC, H2H, or Gutterfighting. Fairbairn's classic "Get Tough" is here in English, along with many works in Russian which I cannot read. Interestingly enough, there do not seem to be any manuals by legendary names like Spiridonov, Oschepkov, or Kharlampfiev, who I thought were to the Russian systems what Fairbairn, Applegate, and O'Neill were to the Western systems. Instead there are manuals by people like Bulochko and Solovov who I have never heard of before.

www.vrazvedka.ru/main/learning/ruk-b

For those like me who can't read Russian, here are pictures. Everyone seems to like Bayonet training. Solovov has lots of interesting grappling moves (?is this Combat Samvo?) and techniques where he ties a man's limbs around a stick without any ropes, then picks up the stick and carries away his prisoner! Bulochko likes reverse grip in knife practice, and has a Fairbairn-ish Chin Jab and a rather non-Asian-looking front kick (?an old Slavic technique??or an "effectively sloppy" streetfighting kick?):

http://vrazedka.ru/main/learning/ruk-b/im/

Eagerly awaiting any students of Combatives History, Russian Martial Arts, or the Russian language to fill in some background and context!

Jesse Peters