PDA

View Full Version : Gassho Newsletters

Phong Nguyen-Le
15th July 2002, 11:53
Hi,

Just out of interest, I've been cleaning out the Shorinji Kempo filing cabinet at uni and have found a very large collection of "Gassho" newsletters (in English) published by WSKO. I've been going through it, from Vol 1 no 1 (August 1991) all the way until 1997. The ones availble off the net (offical wsko site) starts from 2000.

So anyway, I'm just thinking, if I email WSKO and they doesn't mind, and if other people are interested, i can get the newsletters scanned into PDF format and upload them onto the net for others to read also. Apart from the articles, there's philosophy from Kaiso and a techniques section (photos and explantions) all in English.

So, if you think you'd be interested, let me know... there's a LOT of issues and I don't want to scan them in if no-one apart from me is going to read it.

Cheers
Phong Nguyen-Le
Brisbane Shorinji Kempo Branch

luar
15th July 2002, 17:05
Phong,

I think this is great and I certainly would love to download them and compiled them into a binder.

Incidentally, I had heard from a recent seminar that WSKO plans to discontinue the Newsletters. Anyone has any word on that and why?

Thanks

Manuel
15th July 2002, 18:00
Greetings everybody.

First of all, I am a newby here and I would like to say English is not my mother language. So I beg your excuses for all the errors I can make. My English is usually very bad indeed. And little.

Well, Phong, the truth is that here in Oviedo we have not had those old issues never. Perhaps our former Branch Master had them in his hands, but he is away long time ago. So, since you can give to us the opportunity, it would be nice and very interesting to be able to obtain them from Internet.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Jun Omi
15th July 2002, 21:27
Gassho,

Raul,

I have heard that WSKO is going to change its homepage drastically sometime this year, so I think they are going to include their newsletter or some news source there. Incidentally, they are reforming the entire system and locations right now at Hombu. This is because they divided Shorinji Kempo into 4 different groups at the end of the last year, so they have to divide the Hombu according to tax laws. I hope this infomation helps you a bit. Thank you.

Kesshu,
Jun Omi

Jun Omi
16th July 2002, 18:45
One more info. According to my friend, "Gassho" is the first Shorinji Kempo newspaper in English published by WSKO from 1983 to 1985. It was issued by an American kenshi who was working at Hombu around that time. When he quitted Hombu, "Gassho" stopped. "Newsletter" in English, on the other hand, has been published from 1990 up to now, so they are two differnt things. Thanks.

Phong Nguyen-Le
17th July 2002, 01:06
Thanks for the replies everyone... I'll start scanning them in soon. And yeah, the newsletters are simply called "Shorinji Kempo Newsletters" but for some reason, everyone just calls them the "Gassho" newsletters, now I know why :)

Cheers
Phong Nguyen-Le
Brisbane Shorinji Kempo Branch

Phong Nguyen-Le
29th July 2002, 13:38
Hi all,

WSKO has gotten back to me, and they would prefer it if the old issues of the newsletters were not placed on the net. Sorry.

Regards
Phong

Manuel
29th July 2002, 15:40
Believe I am sorry too :(. But what we can to do. As a Spanish proverb says: "Church has doctors...".

Thanks anyway.