PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for some help

Ron Rompen
20th July 2002, 16:41
I am in the process of drafting up a 'rack' to display my belts (yeah, I know, but I'm proud of what I've accomplished).

The design I have in mind incorporates a slightly curved arch on the top, a pillar on either side, etc etc., somewhat similar to the photo attached (wish I could figure out how to insert a file)

What I am stuck on is the radius of the arch. Is there a mathematical relationship between the distance between pillars and the radius of the arch? I can approximate it, but would rather be accurate if possible.

Once I have completed the drawing, I will be happy to share it with the E-budo members that are interested.

Larry Hairgrove
21st July 2002, 04:33
What does that gateway have to do with Shinto, is the pillers like the pillers of the temple of soloman, Joshim and Boaz.What does it mean?The outher word for the pillers is tsedek and joshim, I would like to know of the pillers of shinto?

Moriki
23rd July 2002, 07:13
Dear Larry,
According to Toshu Fukami Sensei, a well known Shintoist. The two vertical pillars are said to represent the divine spirits of the deities Kamurogi and Kamuromi, while the center represents a deity known to contain a part of the divine spirit of the central deity. This deity brings together the divine procreation powers of the two pillars, which represent the Male and the Female.
Hope this helps

Brian Carpenter
GWNBF/KJJR UK KOMORI DOJO
WORLD MATE SHINTO

Larry Hairgrove
23rd July 2002, 19:44
Dear Moriki, thinks for the info.The pillers of the Temple that I know of represent the Kingly leader by blood "the state", and the Priestly piller " the church" witch hold up Shalom.Peace in the state.Like upper Egypt and lower back in the day or like John the baptist "the priest" and Jesus the "Kingly seed".What does the staircase mean in the Shinto temple.Or the walkway going up?

Moriki
27th July 2002, 08:24
Dear Larry,
I am not sure of the spiritual meaning of the steps into the Shrine, But I am visiting my Shinto priest on August the 1st for Tsukinamisai ceremony, so I will find out and get back to you.

yours truly
Brian Carpenter
GWNBF/KJJR UK KOMORI DOJO
WORLD MATE SHINTO

Soulend
17th August 2002, 17:28
Originally posted by Larry Hairgrove
Dear Moriki, thinks for the info.The pillers of the Temple that I know of represent the Kingly leader by blood "the state", and the Priestly piller " the church" witch hold up Shalom.Peace in the state.Like upper Egypt and lower back in the day or like John the baptist "the priest" and Jesus the "Kingly seed".What does the staircase mean in the Shinto temple.Or the walkway going up?

ACAMAC.