PDA

View Full Version : Hikaru no Go

ebachta
3rd August 2002, 03:21
For the manga fans out there:

http://www.toriyamaworld.com/hikago/

I suggest that those who can read Japanese buy the originals (and that those who enjoy manga learn Japanese). A friend of mine recently introduced me to this series, and I'm planning to pick up the real thing on my next trip to Japan. Needless to say, I've become interested in the game as well. :D

KumaSan
9th February 2003, 03:50
Wow, the go forum really died. Just wanted to say that Hikaru No Go claims another convert. My wife, who used to read the manga, got me watching the anime, now I'm learning to play go.

Got to say, I love this game. Too bad I'm really bad still, but then, I've been playing less than a month. I can beat gnugo with 2 stones handicap, but I rarely get a chance to play people.

Anyway, love the manga, and the anime, check it out if you haven't yet.

Noodles
26th February 2003, 16:46
I haven't taken advantage of it for myself, but a friend of mine claims that you can play Go for free with other people over Yahoo! games, presumably at www.yahoo.com . If anyone tries it out, post here and let me know how it goes, hey?

KumaSan
1st March 2003, 01:10
I tried it out at work the other day, actually. It's not bad, but the people aren't as friendly as the people over at KGS. The only reason I tried yahoo really, was that the KGS applet doesn't work in my browser at work.

burp
11th March 2003, 16:21
Howdy!

Sorry, Haven't been around for a while.

Side note ... Hikaru no Go has had quite the impact on the younger generation in Japan.

My nephew (in Japan) picked up Go about 6 months ago due to reading Hikaru no Go. He absolutely loves the game now and plays with the "old" folks at the local go club. He is 10 yrs old.

Sounds like what was once termed as a JiJi game (old man's game) is gaining alot of interest due to Hikaru no Go.

Enjoy!

mikehansen

MarieB
6th May 2003, 22:32
hmmm i wonder who that person was...

anyways thanks for the link ill check it out...:)

LeoSanu
30th March 2006, 03:16
... Hikaru no Go has had quite the impact on the younger generation in Japan.
mikehansen

Have a look here Hikaru no Go - Boom in Japan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyllVL9fpe0) - a BBC news story on YouTube

Leonard

lefuet
1st April 2006, 03:14
thanks for the link :)