PDA

View Full Version : Hakko Ryu Jujutsu

Yamantaka
4th August 2002, 10:57
Hi!
I'm researching the technical similarities between Hakko Ryu and Shorinji Kempo.
Does anyone knows where I can find video clips of Hakko Ryu Jujutsu?
Best

Barry Southam
4th August 2002, 17:29
Friend,

Dennis Palumbo shihan who had studied under the founder of Hakkoryu had in the past made instructional video tapes on shodan,nidan, and sandan waza....He has three books on the subject..
There is also a video with Nidai soke Okuyama demonstrating the Shodan, Nidan, and Sandan waza...You might want to contact Michael Lamonica concerning this tape and any tapes that his Hakkoryu organization has made...Shihan Palumbo is founder of the Hakkoryu Martial Arts Federation located in Aurora, Colorado..

Barry E. Southam

Yamantaka
4th August 2002, 20:50
Originally posted by Barry Southam
Friend,
Dennis Palumbo shihan who had studied under the founder of Hakkoryu had in the past made instructional video tapes on shodan,nidan, and sandan waza....He has three books on the subject..
There is also a video with Nidai soke Okuyama demonstrating the Shodan, Nidan, and Sandan waza...You might want to contact Michael Lamonica concerning this tape and any tapes that his Hakkoryu organization has made...Shihan Palumbo is founder of the Hakkoryu Martial Arts Federation located in Aurora, Colorado..
Barry E. Southam

YAMANTAKA : Friend,
Thank you very much for your information.
I have all 3 books by Palumbo Shihan and I've enjoyed them very much. I also know about the videos and I intend to get them as soon as possible.
But my question was about Hakko Ryu VIDEO CLIPS on the Net. I've already got some videoclips of Shorinji Kempo (about 15) and I would like to compare them with some from Hakko Ryu.
Anyway, thanks for your cooperation.
Best regards

12thPowerEnergyField
10th August 2002, 11:26
Here is a link to a European site that had some Hakkoryu video clips along with various others such as JigenRyu. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, that particular page seems to be unavailable. Perhaps you should check back at a later date....If you happen to find any others, please let me know.

http://www.oejjb.or.at/oejjbe.htm

Sincerely,

Bill Rodgers

Yamantaka
10th August 2002, 14:46
Originally posted by 12thPowerEnergyField
Here is a link to a European site that had some Hakkoryu video clips along with various others such as JigenRyu. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, that particular page seems to be unavailable. Perhaps you should check back at a later date....If you happen to find any others, please let me know.
http://www.oejjb.or.at/oejjbe.htm
Sincerely,
Bill Rodgers

YAMANTAKA : Thank you, Bill1 I'll take a look.
Best

12thPowerEnergyField
13th August 2002, 10:06
Hello again,
So I ran into another site that has Hakkoryu clips on
it. In addition to some nice black and white pics,
there are also numerous video clips of henka. This
site is also a European one, so it is not in English,
but it should not be hard to navigate at all. Also,
the clips that do have audio are in English, btw.
This page mostly features Yasuhiro Irie, Michael
LaMonica, and Antonio Garcia. Here is the link:

http://www.expedition.pl/hakko/techniki/techniki.htm

Hope this helps. Once again, if you happen to run
across anymore clips feel free to pass them along.
Thanks.

Yours in Budo,

Bill Rodgers