PDA

View Full Version : Fukasa-Ryu Bujutsu Kai ?? Need some Input

RobNyc
11th August 2002, 06:32
I found out about this stuff in my area. Very near
And at this location is free. The teacher lives in my town also.

Fukasa Kai (http://hometown.aol.com/jki100p/)

I would appreciate much your help.

John Lindsey
11th August 2002, 09:45
His web page smells of bad budo. Run away as fast as you can..

MarkF
11th August 2002, 11:46
Not only bad budo, he is one of Rod's sokeship recipients. The web site links directly to Doc Rod's Roster of dai-soke and ni-soke doke dai, but the link doesn't work (probably for the best), but the error page does give the link to jukoryu.

I don't know how interested you are, but John gave you really apropos advice: Get the thought of training there out of your head immediately.

Don't run, use Qimaster's art and fly away from there.

Mark

RobNyc
11th August 2002, 14:54
Thanks for your input.
I hope to see more positive ones than negatives.

Maybe I can't control this because that's how you feel about this.

Well enough said.

By the way: I am RobNyc's Cousin.

Qasim
11th August 2002, 16:24
The website itself tells you all you need to know. Leave it alone.

ghp
11th August 2002, 19:59
I would not train in Mr. Nemeroff's dojo. Whether he is aware of it or not, there is no such martial art as "Dai Yoshin Ryu jujutsu." He is probably a very sincere person, and he may really believe he is a bona fide "soke," but he has been deceived by Mr. Rod Sacharnoski [head of Juko-Kai].

Additionally, although old enough to be a "hanshi 9th dan soke" IN AMERICA, no Japanese martial artist would be able to keep a straight face very long after hearing this claim. "Soke" is certainly possible at such a "young" age as Mr. Nemeroff's -- at least in Japan where an art might be inherited by such a youngster upon the death of his blood relative. But Hanshi? No way. The Japanese, regardless of association/organization, have strict age rules for the teaching licenses [renshi, kyoshi, and hanshi]! One is usually 55 or 60 before he/she can be elevated to Hanshi, the highest of teaching licenses. "Time in service" does not cut the mustard -- especially if that person includes time as a child! I don't know when Mr. Nemeroff began his studies, but judging from his photo, if he has the "25 years" of martial arts study, he must have begun at age 5 or earlier.

I note he specifically references "Dai Yoshin Ryu." Execute an E-Budo archive search (upper right of the E-Budo window) for "Dai Yoshin" and read the many threads referencing this particular farce. My contribution to debunking "Dai Yoshin Ryu" is here http://www.ebudo.com/vbulletin/showthread.phps=64ce102c13184bcc04d4d789e8ccb024&threadid=13010&highlight=dai+yoshin

Suffice it to say that Mr. Sacharnoski (the head of Juko-Kai) has misrepresented my presence in Japan to his association. Without naming me personally, he described me as being his go-between with the supposed soke of "Dai Yoshin Ryu" -- I was supposed to have passed letters on Mr. Sacharnoski's behalf to "Mr. Yokota"; and I was also supposed to have sent a densho [scroll of transmission], naming Mr. Sacharnoski as the xn-generation soke of the style. Nope -- never happened.

Another of my inputs regarding this issue:

28. Dai Yoshin-ryu jujutsu, Chijiro Yokota and Chijiro Koei Yokota, Tokyo, Japan:
[Yeah, right! He wrote in his newsletter that "an American Captain now stationed near Tokyo is helping to establish contact with Yokata [sic] sensei to pass documents of transmission to Soke [meaning Sacharnoski]" ... or words close to that effect. I was the man he was talking about -- and it was all a LIE!]http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=11294&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Based solely on the information above, a logical person would inquire of me, "Gee, GHP, perhaps there are more army captains in Japan than you??" What is not mentioned is that in the newsletter article Mr. Sacharnoski wrote, he specifically mentioned "a former student of [Rod Sacharnoski's] and soke Church's in Dai Yoshin Ryu who [Mr. Sacharnoski] got out of jail for hitchhiking in 1972. So, I was probably the only serving US Army captain in Japan who was a former student of Al Church from 1970-1973 [when Rod Sacharnoski visited our dojo for a few months] AND who was arrested for hitchhiking [with samurai swords, going to visit Mr. Church] AND who was retrieved the next morning by Rod's deputies . So, based on all the circumstances -- I'm 100% sure he was talking about me when he lied.

I can tell you more if you wish; however, first try searching the E-budo archives.

Now, all this talk about Mr. Sacharnoski does not relate directly to your question .... however, it does impune the wild claims of the "Dai Yoshin Ryu" system that Mr. Nemeroff references so proudly. I've seen a video of the DYR jujutsu kata performed by Mrs. Sacharnoski and must say that it was an intertaining video.

Remaining academically objective, I will state that just because the "Fukasa Ryu" soke was duped by Mr. Sacharnoski does not mean Mr. Nemeroff is a poor martial artist or a bad person; I won't really know unless I meet and talk with him. I just feel sorry for him knowing that he was duped; and I can only imagine how he will feel when he makes that discovery.

More objectivity: Above, I said someone Mr. Nemeroff's young age could possibly inherit a style and thus be a "soke." A contrary argument could be, "He established his own style and is recognized by other soke." I must be painfully frank here -- My batto teacher, Nakamura Taizaburo, is a "recognized" shodai-soke, first-generation founder. Although his name and art appears in Watatani's [b][i]Bugei Ryu-ha Daijiten, many, MANY senior Japanese teachers of budo look sideways at his designation as "soke." Regardless that he was 42 when he established his art; regardless that he had been involved with kendo then for over 30 years; regardless that he was a bonafide army fencing instructor for over 10 years and had combat experience with the sword; and regardless that his system has existed and grown now for 50 years .... many koryu teachers still think he is audacious; and, that the title "soke" should not be borne by anyone other than one who inherits the designation of a classically recognized system. They would favor the modern equivalent of "Kaicho" [association chairman], "Kancho" [dojo chairman], "Sousai" [president], or even "Sousha" [founder]. They still look askance at any "newly-minted" soke.

Regards,
Guy

RobNyc
11th August 2002, 22:57
Thanks...

Your input is very helpful... Best !

RobNyc
12th August 2002, 04:36
I just got updated...

It's not Fukasa-Ryu Bujutsu-Kai taught free.

Fukasa Shorin-Ryu Karate-Do is taught free.

MarkF
12th August 2002, 10:05
For Robinson's cousin:

Here is a description of soke you can really chew on. I've never read a better or more informed article on the subject, and with all the soke and soke-dai, nidai soke, etc., in this country, well, it is pretty well put by a school teacher.;)

http://koryu.com/library/wbodiford1.html

Enjoy!

Mark

PS: He's a professor of East Asian Languages and Culture and a practicing koryu budo practitioner.

MarkF
12th August 2002, 10:08
BTW: Even if the shorin-ryu is free, it would be a good idea to check out other shorin schools, and take a sample class or two. Even though it may be without cost, there is no sense in finding out sometime later that it isn't what you are looking for.

Mark

RobNyc
12th August 2002, 12:50
Originally posted by MarkF
BTW: Even if the shorin-ryu is free, it would be a good idea to check out other shorin schools, and take a sample class or two. Even though it may be without cost, there is no sense in finding out sometime later that it isn't what you are looking for.

Mark

Thanks, but I don't like the other Karate schools they are too (hard), they depend on power(external), and speed. I like speed & power, but I'm not that type. My cousin use to be in Shotokan, and boy he left.

RobNyc
12th August 2002, 12:56
Originally posted by MarkF
For Robinson's cousin:
PS: He's a professor of East Asian Languages and Culture and a practicing koryu budo practitioner.

You mean about this guy?

ghp
12th August 2002, 19:33
No, he's talking about Dr. Bodiford, author of the "Soke" article.

Dr. Bodiford is well known and highly respected in the koryu bujutsu field.

--Guy

RobNyc
12th August 2002, 21:23
got'cha

thanks

RobNyc
15th August 2002, 00:33
I'm not trying to cause no problem or being a troll...

There's a new site...

Fukasa-Kai (http://www.fukasakai.com)

It's better than the previous one...

There you will also see the program of the free-karate program.

I am the real RobNyc, I kicked my cousin off. But I'll help him, and ask to see what you guys think. I have read the previous opinions of you guys, I thank you because that is helping my cousin know what he's gonna get.

ghp
15th August 2002, 01:53
Fukasa-Kai also legitimately claims direct lineage with the 18 generation old Yakota (Samurai family) "Dai Yoshin-ryu" system... A reborn art that had faced extinction after the death of its founder, whose only remnants are an abundance of profound techniques and oral teachings.

Sheesh ... it's amazing this "urban legend" has lasted so long. Somebody tell Toby Threadgill about this -- he'll spew beer out his nose.

18 generations, huh??? Let's see... it goes [supposedly] from Chijiro Yokota > Albert C. Church [who was "next in line but died first"] > Rod Sacharnoski [who was next after Al Church]. HUH????? Who are the other 15 generations?

It's a funny thing -- when I knew Mr. Church, he claimed to have studied jujutsu under Yokota as a boy from 9~12 years old -- but he never said he was in line to inherit the system; all he ever talked about was Kuniba sensei and Kim Chi Kooh.

Not trusting my aged memory, I asked a friend of mine who was also with Mr. Church and very close to the Church family from 1972~1975. My question was, "Did you or Rob* ever hear about Mr. Church being in line to inherit "Dai Yoshin Ryu jujutsu"? Has anyone OTHER than Rod Sacharnoski ever mentioned anything about inheriting "Dai Yoshin Ryu"? His response:
"NO, NO, and NO!!!"[*Mr. Church's son-in-law and designated successor via a multi-page letter of transmission]

:cry:Arrrgggghhhhhhh.....:cry: Someone shoot me and put me out of my misery!

--Guy

RobNyc
15th August 2002, 05:00
The link my cousin gave me is wrong... Most likely most of the times is down...

This is the new one and also that one post up there...
No more links after this one. I haven't read that post, so don't judge me why I post this link.
Fukasa-Kai (http://www.fukasa.fieldsfamily.net/index.php)

Yea, that's true about the 18generations.
it seems this guy is all Juko-kai too?

RobNyc
15th August 2002, 05:35
Originally posted by ghp
[*Mr. Church's son-in-law and designated successor via a multi-page letter of transmission]

:cry:Arrrgggghhhhhhh.....:cry: Someone shoot me and put me out of my misery!

--Guy

Thanks for your help once again.