PDA

View Full Version : fast ways to recover

chrisdo14
27th August 2002, 02:29
recently i did some biking as leg excersize however my timing was bad because directly afterward i had a class in which we did a great deal of leg excersize. for the past 2 days i have been very sore. i have been wondering how can i deal with soreness or make my recovery ability better?

as always thanks for any info

meat
27th August 2002, 13:32
Well number 1 - Don't overdo it! You have to build up rather than just go all out like that. Going for a light half hour walk will help to loosen the muscles up and get some warmth into them. Follow that up with some light stretching. Another important thing: BANANAS. Bananas contain a good deal of potassium and other goodies in them and they will help immensly. Milk should help as well. Hope that helps :)

chrisdo14
27th August 2002, 20:44
thank you

Aaron Fields
28th August 2002, 00:14
H2O...hydrate....

fifthchamber
29th August 2002, 14:37
Hi all.
I second the water idea...Always a good back up for tired or cramped muscles...Although I have been training regularly for at least 7 to 8 years now I would also say that for me the one surefire and best way to prevent the pain of 'recovery time' is to train again the next day...I know that this needs quite a bit more than most are able to give but by building the routine of the training up quickly I believe that my body reacts by assuming a 'normal' state (That of being trained..) and that state convinces my body that the pain is not bad.
I know that all things take a build up and so would suggest that instead you try to work a schedule that you can keep to regularly and slowly get yourself used to the training...The body is quite adaptive as long as it is not damaged in overtraining first time out and will soon accept the work loads you put on it (Which is why training never gets easier...:rolleyes:Updating the amount done gets tiring in itself some times...Let alone working out new ways to do it!).
Build up slowly but keep to a routine and the pain will not be bad pretty soon I think...Unless you force a little too much..
HTH..
Abayo

Carl Elder
29th August 2002, 16:56
Tiger Balm works wonders!:smilejapa