PDA

View Full Version : A flaw in the Mortal Kombat movie

Bradenn
4th September 2002, 14:45
In the Mortal Kombat movie and videogames there is a Ninja named "Reptile". He is reptilian and wears a green outfit.
The problem is that by definition a reptile cannot be a Ninja. Everyone knows that Ninjas are mammals! Obviously the filmmakers did not do very good research.

----------------
Braden Nicols:)

Asia
4th September 2002, 18:06
You fool. There are NO NINJAs in Mortal Combat!!! They are Lin Kuei (crudely Forrest Demons) they come from CHINA. The are refered to as Chinese Ninjas because mortals can't comprehend there true power!!!! Being FOREST DEMONS they can be reptilian or mammal!!!

VIVA LA GEEKS!!!

pie dragon
4th September 2002, 20:59
If you pay close attention to Mortal Kombat the Movie, it is possible to discern an even bigger flaw.

It's bollocks.

Steve Williams
4th September 2002, 23:28
Originally posted by pie dragon
If you pay close attention to Mortal Kombat the Movie

Then you are an extremely sad man...... :look: :laugh:

kirigirisu
5th September 2002, 07:31
There are only two things you should pay close attention to in Mortal Kombat.

Bridgette Wilson...

kirigirisu
5th September 2002, 07:34
...and Talisa Soto

Bradenn
5th September 2002, 12:11
OK I accept that the MK guys are Lin Kuei.

But what about the myth that Ninja are descended from Tengu?
That cannot be right because Tengu are half bird.

----------------
Braden Nicols

Charlie Kondek
5th September 2002, 13:58
However, wouldn't being part bird explain how ninjas FLY AROUND and STAB??!!

Genex
5th September 2002, 14:04
Okay ew...and ew for the pics they're not really good lookers
the movie was poor, although not as bad as the second one!!!

:beer:

Yoroshiku, pete

Bradenn
5th September 2002, 15:20
Originally posted by Charlie Kondek
However, wouldn't being part bird explain how ninjas FLY AROUND and STAB??!!

Sorry, birds are not mammals. You know the rules.

Besides, birds don't chop off heads.

By the way I believe that Ninjas killed off the dinosaurs so that Mammals could take over the Earth. They were so stealthy that they concealed the assassination and made it look like an asteroid was responsible. Now that's real ultimate power!

Joseph Svinth
5th September 2002, 15:29
I thought ninjas were mutant turtles.

Lewis, George H. (1987, Winter). From common dullness to fleeting wonder: The manipulation of cultural meaning in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles saga. Journal of Popular Culture 20:3, http://xroads.virginia.edu/~DRBR/lewis.txt

Bradenn
5th September 2002, 16:05
Originally posted by Joseph Svinth
I thought ninjas were mutant turtles.

Sorry. The turtles are not mammals and could not be real ninja. That is why they are called "mutant ninja". However, rats are mammals and therefore Splinter is a real ninja.

(Dolphins, Platypuses and Whales can all be Ninjas if they train hard enough.)

dirtyvicar
5th September 2002, 20:53

Maybe not where you're from...

:D

Onmitsu
5th September 2002, 21:35
the movie was poor, although not as bad as the second one!!!
If it weren't for Mortal Kombat II we probably would have never had the oppurtunity to see Harvey Moul's brother (Darth Maul) in action.
Ray Park (AKA Darth Maul) got his start as a stunt player (Rayden) in that movie. The rest, as they say, is history.

dirtyvicar
5th September 2002, 21:46
sorry, duplicate post

Peter H.
5th September 2002, 22:46
I read in Cinescape that Ray was playing the part of Danny Rand in the Iron Fist movie they're shooting, should be cool.

Funny story, for my daughter's first Halloween I was dressed as Darth Maul. For about the next six months, everytime she saw a picture, action figure, of Darth Mual in the movie, she said Dada.

X-1 Falcon
6th September 2002, 22:20
Originally posted by Genex

:rolleyes: Oh yeah ummm right.

Bridgette Wilson is my freebie. My wife said if seh ever came through town and wanted me I could go with her for one night.:D yeah right

Peter H.

did you shave your head for the costume. I started to but couldn't get past the razor aspect.

Daruma
7th September 2002, 11:00
The problem is that by definition a reptile cannot be a Ninja. Everyone knows that Ninjas are mammals! Obviously the filmmakers did not do very good research.

Ah that's what they want you to think.....:confused:

Okami
7th September 2002, 13:28
Originally posted by Bradenn
(Dolphins, Platypuses and Whales can all be Ninjas if they train hard enough.)

:D ROTFL, that was a good one!

BTW, do the Dolphins use a straight blade sword or not?

Cheers,

Mijo.

Peter H.
7th September 2002, 21:20
I wore a bald cap over my hair, and placed a cloak over that. If you got real close, in good light you could tell, otherwise, the makeup made it look seamless. Since it was night and people were only seeing me briefly, I didn't think going all the way with the head shaving was too far.

kirigirisu
7th September 2002, 22:43
Originally posted by Genex

Bite your tongue, heretic!

I just might have to seriously FLIP OUT and kick your mom in the face! Where's my electric guitar?

Soulend
9th September 2002, 00:53
Even though Splinter is a mammal, he doesn't fight ALL THE TIME, so I'm not sure if he's a true ninja. Now Shredder on the other hand, now that's a cool dude, and by cool I mean totally sweet.

Bradenn
9th September 2002, 09:31
Originally posted by Okami

:D ROTFL, that was a good one!

BTW, do the Dolphins use a straight blade sword or not?

Cheers,

Mijo.

Not sure what type of sword they use, but have you ever seen a dolphin acrobatics exhibition for example at SeaWorld? Those aerial flips, somersaults and leaps could only be the result of Taihenjutsu training.

Asia
9th September 2002, 11:17
Those aerial flips, somersaults and leaps could only be the result of Taihenjutsu training.

Dolphins are Koga Ninja

Whales are Iga

Thought I would clear that up!

Bradenn
9th September 2002, 12:39
And platypuses are masters of disguise and deception. By laying eggs they pretend to be reptiles, but they are really mammals. A superb example of kyojitsu.

mtom1234
4th August 2003, 06:10
I think that only Sub-Zero (not counting those robots) was supposed to be from the Lin Kuei. Scorpion was supposed to be from "another clan," Reptile was from Outworld, etc.

Of course, it's all non-real, not-especially-ultimate power.

:)

dirtyvicar
18th August 2003, 16:53

I have learned only one thing in the past year:

Mustelids and certain raptors, e.g. great horned owls (Bubo virginianus), are reported to decapitate prey.

The question still remaining - do they use straight or curved blades?

monkeyboy_ssj
18th August 2003, 17:03
Toastie!

kenshorin
18th August 2003, 17:53
There was one major flaw with the Mortal Kombat movies:

they were made. :D

ScottUK
19th August 2003, 14:17
Originally posted by pie dragon
If you pay close attention to Mortal Kombat the Movie, it is possible to discern an even bigger flaw.

It's bollocks.

Hahahaha :D :D :D

Nice - one of those posts that just catches you in mid-drink and aids interaction between CocaCola and monitor!!

This really IS a five-star thread - off to vote!