PDA

View Full Version : I passed.

stencil
4th September 2002, 16:32
Took my test for 5th kyu last night. Got my second stripe on my green belt. Now I feel like I'm really a green belt, if that makes any sense. I passed, and the sensei even said that I was quite good.

I need to learn to breathe and relax better during gradings, though - I'll end up with a stroke by the time I test for black belt!

-Josh
Shorei-Kan Goju Ryu

arnie
4th September 2002, 17:03
Congrat's, way to go!

Nice to hear you're quite good, but feedback on what needs more work is even more important.

regs,

Ari Lappinen

stencil
4th September 2002, 18:52
Nice to hear you're quite good, but feedback on what needs more work is even more important.

Absolutely... the sensei was very clear that I need to work on many things, including my breathing and my shutos, but this was the first time he admitted that I was pretty good.

In my opinion, I could have been much better.

Budoka 34
4th September 2002, 19:51
Way to go Josh! Keep it up!:D
My next test is October 6th.

:smilejapa

X-1 Falcon
4th September 2002, 20:04
Good job!

My next test will be in three years:( .

My instructor is going to Africa as a missionary and unless we do it via video I will have a lot o Bunkai time.:D

Great job and keep it up.

Goju-Ryu
4th September 2002, 22:05
Congratulations! ;)
Keep up with the good work, and always with that good attitude!

Markaso
5th September 2002, 07:00
Congrats on your promotion! It sure feels good when your Sensei gives you a compliment.

Michael Clarke
5th September 2002, 13:54
You done good kid
Take one step at a time and your sure to make great progress.

By the way, your sensei, he wouldn't happen to be Thomas Boddie would he? I only ask because I met Thomas many years ago in California but lost his address. I have some video footage of Toguchi sensei taken on Okinawa twenty years or so ago, and he asked for a copy.
If you know him, or your sensei does, please tell him to get in touch.

Good luck with your training.

Mike Clarke.

arnie
5th September 2002, 14:51
Stencil wrote:

"...need to work on many things, including my breathing and my shutos"

Ah... well, who doesn't?

:D

Ari Lappinen