PDA

View Full Version : Training

Markaso
5th September 2002, 08:12
Yes this may or may not be posted in the right area according to some people but I feel it is the right place for my point. And that is.......
Training. Many MAs have said that the mind, body and spirit are important parts to training in the arts. I agree. Not only do we train hard for our bodies but also we train our minds and our spirits as well.
Our spirits are a very important part of that training. For if we have no spirit how can we train? In Japan Kokoro is translated as spirit or thought as such. I think it is more than that. I think it encompasses more than just the inner-self as well as the out side. I also think that the spirit is the driving force behind Ki. kokoro is not to be taken lightly by no means and I am not saying it is. I just think that when one trains it needs to be an intergral part of the training.

Óscar Recio
5th September 2002, 17:29
It,s difficult to say...when you are training and involved in the study of Martial Arts...well...your spirit are training too. You can´t separate body and soul...or divide a coin...i think that´s a deep debate about Kokoro and how is linked with training.
Go deeper about the subject....
Thanks,
Óscar Recio

Markaso
5th September 2002, 23:15
:smilejapa

Sorry, what my last sentance should read is that ; I just think that when one trains it is an intergral part of ones training.