PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Dojo - UPDATED - IGNORE AT YOUR OWN PERIL - READ FIRST

Oni
6th September 2002, 07:15
I am going to try to keep this brief. I want to thank everyone lately for the good discussion that is occuring. There have been several questions that have come about that at one time may have spurned less than happy conversation yet everyone has brought some excellent discussion out. It is my intention to do everything I can to keep things this way and I hope everyone will help me in this endeavor. The title of this post is virtual dojo and I think it would help if everyone considered E-Budo as such. Before posting or responding to someone elses post ask yourself if what you are about to say is something you would say in somebodies (or your own) dojo. Is it something you would say to someone that has come to your school in search of answers? I don't expect or even want everyone to agree on every issue. That would be boring ;) I do want folks to consider the manner in which they disagree. We have experienced a rash of sarcastic or rude replies to some questions in the past. While a bit of fun is in order from time to time (ninjas are mammals :p) I ask that you consider if what you are posting is really beneficial. We have a lot of knowledgeable and experienced folks here. We have a lot of diverse experience here. We should be able to have many diverse and interesting conversations.

In the spirit of this please do not be surprised if rude or sarcastic posts get very ninja like from here on out. They may very well dissapear into the night. While I do not believe in censorship I do believe in respectful discussion. Keep in mind you can always ignore a question you really dislike or a poster that gets under your skin. If there is something that you truly take offense to or something you feel is in bad taste or rude please feel free to PM me about it. I may not have noticed it or read it the same way. I do have a very busy outside life and sometimes skim things that should be looked at closer.

I also ask that we leave what we consider to be fraudulent ninjutsu out of this forum. If you have a desire to expose someone you consider a danger or a fraud please use the 'Baffling Budo' forum. This is where this conversation always should have really been anyway.

Oni
13th February 2003, 23:20
Additional policy:

Any one line insults, barbs, jabs, BS, etc that are off topic and could have been better served via PM or email WILL be deleted. Heated debate over topics are ok...you will probably even get away with riding the edge and throwing in some subtle pokes while discussing an issue.

Posting for the sole sake of attacking/insulting/provoking/etc will no longer be tolerated. I will not argue semantics or play word games about this. If I feel you are guilty of this I will correct it. Don't like my policy there are plenty of other places to post.

Overall I have been very happy with the direction this forum has taken. I feel we have been having some very good discussions, with multiple view points and concepts.

Thanks,

Oni
18th April 2004, 20:32
UPDATED -

Ok...some of this has already been discussed, but I don't necessarily have time to prune things like I would like. I spoke with George about this and I am adding to the basic rules of E-Budo for this forum.

ANYONE that posts on this forum to insult ANY other groups will be warned and/or sent to E-Budo hell. The content will be deleted.

ANYONE that posts merely for the sake of attacking someone, or making someone else angry will be warned and/or sent to E-Budo hell. The content will be deleted.

If you disagree with a moderation decision I have made please use PM. Posts that are hijacking a thread to discuss moderation or any of these policies will be deleted.

"Respect other members" DOES include not attacking someone for their use of language, spelling, or grammer. Not everyone is as concerned with these things as 'you' may be. Sure, it may be annoying to read...but E-Budo is not here to be a grade school grammer program. If a post really bothers you due to how it is written...I would suggest ignoring that post/poster.

If you wish to bash the new koga kids website please do so in Baffling Budo. If you wish to bash any organization that you do not agree with please do so in Baffling Budo. If you wish to bash someone personally for their training methods do so via PM (or better yet grow up and learn how to be tolerant). If you wish to disagree with someones methods/organizations/concepts and discuss rationally why; that is a part of what this forum is here for. Get nasty/personally insulting expect your posts to dissapear regardless of how much content they contain and perhaps a trip to E-Budo Hell.

More and more I am pretty busy out in the real world and my patience for the types of behavior I see erupting from time to time has grown very small.

YOU know who YOU are.