PDA

View Full Version : where to get scrolls copies /reprints ?

kabutoki
9th September 2002, 13:30
hello everyone !
i study japanology in germany i´m thinking about writing my thesis in some way about the ninja (and the phenomenon connected to them). something like a bit of everything:history, what they have not/have/might have been and of course about the way they remained a part of the culture by going from stories and plays in the edo-jidai to appear in manga/anime until today. my question is:

where do you guys get all the old scrolls (reprints) some people talk about ?

i need some old material to cover the history part better.

thank you very much for your help.
yours
karsten

Nanen
25th January 2009, 04:42
Well this is a couple of years late, but recently there has been quite a bit of movement on ebay.com with Densho and Makimono of various traditions. including a very nice copy of the Bensenshukai, the major compalation of Ninjutsu and Ninpo tools, techniques, strategy and attitude.
Hope this is still of value...

poryu
25th January 2009, 06:40
HI Karsten

glückliches neues Jahr

email me. I have a source that actually owns some in the UK

also as already said you can get some off ebay as they have been on there recently

Ruha
26th January 2009, 16:08
...do you have the e-version of Bansenshukai??

ftp://ftp.robertk.com/pub/Bansenshukai/

Moriki
19th February 2009, 07:18
Hello Karsten,

PM me as I own a large collection of reproduction scrolls ;)

poryu
19th February 2009, 07:48
HI Brian

I saw your signature

GWNBF / KJJR UK Komori Dojo

I thought you was back in the bujinkan under Norman Smithers

;)

Moriki
21st February 2009, 15:07
Hi Paul,

Nah mate, after playing about a bit I realized the Booj was not for me, nothing personal to Norm he's a great instructor, just my own personal feelings ;)

drosera99
22nd February 2009, 01:08
I think Karsten has probably completed his thesis by now considering he started it seven years ago.;)

Interesting to know that there are a lot of makimono for sale on E-Bay, though. Wouldn't have even thought to look there!

Cheers,

Tengu
20th April 2009, 01:44
Wow
It's incredible people offering scroll copies in this way!
I had so much problem in my reseach
I would like to see some too.

poryu
20th April 2009, 10:56
HI

if you want to collect photos of scrolls or sections of scroll this site in Japan is good.

Its an auction site similar to ebay run by yahoo.

http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/search?p=%b4%ac%ca%aa&f=0x12&alocale=0jp&mode=1&auccat=0&apg=1

the search is for makimono so not just scrolls come up in the search but other stuff but you get quick a few some weeks for sale.