PDA

View Full Version : New Shorinji Kempo Article

Sammy Briggs
16th September 2002, 02:21
The following was posted by Blue Johnson on the SKNA mailing list:

Gassho to all Kenshi and Branch Masters!

For those of you who may be interested, we are pleased to announce that Shorinji Kempo is again featured this year in yet another major martial arts publication. The current issue of Martial Art Magazine (Oct. issue)is now on your local news stands and it features a 6 and one half page full color article on Shorinji Kempo. With the overwhelming public response to last month's Black Belt Magazine cover story article and now this issue of Martial Art Magazine, our website is swamped with e-mails from readers from all over the country who would like to know more about and join Shorinji Kempo. Although about 90% of the e-mails we have received thus far, are from readers who unfortunately live in cities where there are no Shorinji Kempo branches, we have in fact, been able to refer several readers to local branches in or near their cities. The potential for new kenshi and new branches in North America is huge! In order for us to reach that potential, we must all work together to promote Shorinji Kempo here in North America.

Best regards to all,

Hollywood Branch

Sammy Briggs

dan_norris
22nd September 2002, 07:39
Gassho,

Hello Mr. Sammy Briggs. I read your thread and had a question about the SKNA Mailing List. How do you get on the list? I'm a member of the Seattle Branch and would be interested in knowing about upcoming events or Shorinji Kempo related topics.

P.S. I picked up a copy of that issue with the article on S.K. when it came out. Its always a pleasure to see S.K. being represented here in the U.S.A. :D