PDA

View Full Version : What do you snack on??

Steve Williams
17th September 2002, 22:18
Just got in from training.

Feel a little hungry.....

Too late for a meal....

So what do you snack on in these circumstances????

Please bear in mind that we are all fit and healthy martial artists...... yeah right..... ;) :D

Rogier
18th September 2002, 07:14
I usually take some yoghurt.... healthy enough??

gmellis
18th September 2002, 07:23
I tend to tend eat low carb dinners being as my body doesn't need all that energy over the night, so if I miss supper, I tend to snack on cheese, yoghurt, eggs (a cheese omelets rocks), etc.. and plenty of vegetables (dips with carrots, celery and stuff fill me up fast). Fruits (although high in sugar content for an evening snack) are good, and especially with yoghurt. If you can get your hands on soil milk powder, you could double the concentration to make a shake and add whatever flavor with a touch of jam that you want. If the powder is as thick as the Japanese version I use, you won't wanna look at food till the next morning. I would stay off the carbs though, unless you easily burn up the energy quickly through work or training. Save that for the morning and lunch. Just some ideas.

spence20
18th September 2002, 07:36
Yeah, I think carbs are pretty much a no-no late at night. I personally try to steer clear after 8:00pm or so. (That's right, no kebabs after a night on the lager :D ).

Cheese, eggs, protein shakes. One thing I quite often do is mix up a can of tuna with instant mash. Get the right instant mash and the carbs are so low they don't pose any problem!

And eating cheese late at night also gives you wierd dreams. Cool...

Cheers,

gmellis
18th September 2002, 07:44
And eating cheese late at night also gives you wierd dreams. Cool...

Especially that sissy fru-fru French cheese. I had some brie one net, went to bed, and dreamt I was the star of a post-post industrial goth French film wearing a metallic ballerina outfit and reading the French constitution backwards as a defiant statement against fascist propoganda engines and their increasing penetration into the human psyche while riding a cow dressed up like Superman.....er, yea, anyway.:( What Spence said.

spence20
18th September 2002, 08:58
Chunk, you sure that was a dream?

Jdalton51
18th September 2002, 21:31
salted soy beans - edemame. It only takes 3 minutes to make and a 1/2 pound will fill me up.

Steve Williams
18th September 2002, 23:07
Agree with the little/no carbs.

I sometimes have some ready cooked chicken, if there is any in the fridge, or sometimes cheese...... (love them bad dreams.....)

Try to stay away from sweets...... unless there are any about.....

Might have fruit, but this defeats the no carbs rule......

Sometimes just have a pint of milk....

Steve Williams
18th September 2002, 23:09
Oh yes......

Yoghurt is a good idea, actually was eating that when I started the thread last night :)

Jim_Jude
19th September 2002, 22:47
I snack on fruit (Dried or Fresh!!! not canned...) & unsalted nuts (I love sprouted almonds!!!). Since I pretty much adhere to the Warrior Diet, I snack on fruit & veggies (juicing) alot during the day, & drink plenty of fresh water & green tea, & have a BIG meal in the evening.

Bruce Mitchell
19th September 2002, 23:37
I usually listen to what my body is telling me,hot fries and a double double animal style, at In and Out Burger. I may be channelling Homer Simpson...

Bruce

Kimpatsu
4th October 2002, 07:19
Little kids, mostly... :D :D :D

Kimpatsu
4th October 2002, 07:25
Originally posted by Steve Williams
Please bear in mind that we are all fit and healthy martial artists...... yeah right..... ;) :D
And pigs might fly. MAers are the biggest pissheads I know. Straight after training they go down the pub. We may eat peanut casseroles and lentils every day, but as soon as training is over, it's one, two, three four pints O'Leary... :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Joseph Svinth
5th October 2002, 05:40
Nachos and beer are the secret to staying youthful. That other stuff makes your hair fall out.

fifthchamber
9th October 2002, 16:24
Hi all.
Dried Dates are perfect for me...A small fruit sugar hit that tastes good and is chewy...Like candy but not...Or Dried Papaya if I get indulgent....Hehehe...They work for me as I am Diabetic and rarely need a 'major' snack...Just one or two pieces of dried fruit are good for a way to not push my blood sugar levels skyward...And I love em'.
Helps...
Abayo.