PDA

View Full Version : Ever hear of this place?

BDKF
1st October 2002, 15:44
Hi, my brother in law has enrolled his kids in a martial arts school in Pensacola, FL. The school teaches Shorin-Ryu Matsushinkan Karatejutsu. Has anyone heard anything about this style or its organization?

Thanks,

Tony Kemerly

Doug Daulton
4th October 2002, 03:30
Originally posted by BDKF
Hi, my brother in law has enrolled his kids in a martial arts school in Pensacola, FL. The school teaches Shorin-Ryu Matsushinkan Karatejutsu. Has anyone heard anything about this style or its organization? Mr. Kemerly,

If you can get the teacher's name, I can do some asking around. I have budo freinds in FLA.

Regards,

amcreatives
4th April 2011, 19:36
Hey There, I know this is about 8 years old, but- that guy in Pensacola, Sensei Jorge Velez (He's the only one there I believe that teaches Shorin-Ryu Matsushinkan) used to be my karate teacher when I was a kid (early 1990's) and was fantastic. He was really inspirational and made sure I had good grades, was helpful in guidance when my family was having problems, and a lot of what I learned has played a pretty large role on my development when I was growing up, as well as the other kids I was in class with.
I lost track of him a few years ago, I heard he had lung cancer, which is hard to believe- he was incredibly healthy and never smoked. But if he's still teaching I highly recommend him.
Take care,
am

samertz
23rd April 2011, 18:01
Shorin-Ryu Matsushinkan Karatejutsu

I was out in Pensacola for a while teaching karate at Corry Station. I remember this guy but his name is skipping my mind at this time. If I remember correctly he was doing an offshoot of Matsumura Shorin Ryu. Matsushinkan is just the name of his dojo.

He was pretty good from what I remember. Only met him like once or twice.

Scot