PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Translators

meat
7th October 2002, 01:44
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good japanese translator that can be used for microsoft products ie word, frontpage, internet explorer. I did have the microsoft ime japanese which was good, but when my hard drive died i lost it, and now microsoft only offer it for office xp, not office 2000. thats customer support for u isn't it?
:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Jeff Hamacher
7th October 2002, 01:59
Peter,

it sounds like you're talking about japanese input software, not electronic translators. if Microstupid won't give you satisfaction, try hunting down a little application called NJ-Star. it should handle your japanese text handling needs (both reading and writing) for word processing, e-mail, internet access, etc. HTH.

meat
7th October 2002, 02:06
Thats what I meant to say! Wow, nj star does Chinese as well.

Many thanks Jeff :smilejapa

meat
7th October 2002, 02:11
Thats what I meant to say! Wow, nj star does Chinese as well.

Many thanks Jeff :smilejapa

gmellis
7th October 2002, 02:18
Damn! Saw the name of the thread and thought I could pick up some extra freelance work on the side. Hmmph! Guess I'll stick to the Japan Slimes..sorry Times.

Jeff Hamacher
7th October 2002, 02:32
Originally posted by gmellis
>> Damn! Saw the name of the thread and thought I could pick up some extra freelance work on the side. Hmmph! <<

eh, yo!!! i was here first, an' i got dibs, mother-shutchomouth!

>> Guess I'll stick to the Japan Slimes..sorry Times. <<

that's "Japan Crimes", isn't it?:D

Kimpatsu
7th October 2002, 02:55
I thought it was called the Japan Grimes... ;)

Anders Pettersson
7th October 2002, 18:40
Originally posted by meat
I did have the microsoft ime japanese which was good, but when my hard drive died i lost it, and now microsoft only offer it for office xp, not office 2000.

The IME can be used with other software than the Office programs. It is not directly connected to the Office suit. I use it together with Windows 2000 and did use it in Windows 98. However it didn't work in Word97, but it works with Word2000 (even on Windows 98). It also works fine with Photoshop 6 and higher.

So you should be able to use it even if you don't have OfficeXP. I just got a new computer with WindowsXP and have not yet installed Word or any other Office programs but can use the IME with Wordpad etc.

/Anders

meat
8th October 2002, 01:54
I wish that were so. As soonn as i tried to install it the good old error message came up informing me that my version of office and windows was too old.