PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite type of sushi?

Qasim
7th October 2002, 02:19
I like both nigiri and makki but I have a special place in my heart and appetite for specialty makki.

Genex
9th October 2002, 11:53
Must say tho i enjoy them all, although its really hard to get good sushi in england especialy up north!
pete

meat
9th October 2002, 13:24
I enjoy both, especially the nigiri with eel on top. Yum!

Hoshi_Ryu
9th October 2002, 14:46
I remember trying nigiri once from a wide selection at a grocery store and I could only handle the first 3 pieces. The fish was kinda mushy instead of juicy, so it did not feel too good eating it.
Of the grocery store selection, I liked the sushi star roll(crab meat, cucumber, avocado, with sesame, bonito and dried sardine shavings coated on top) and the barbecued eel sushi one too.
I once saw a tunafish sushi there. I wonder how that would taste:p

Qasim
10th October 2002, 05:25
Grocery Store Sushi?! :nono: You poor soul, you MUST get thyself to a restaraunt! They tried to pawn off a pre-packaged sushi to us in the cafeteria at work. The rice was like glue and it was THE WORST so-called spicy tuna I'd had the misfortune of eating.

Be good to yourself, get some real sushi. :mst:

hyaku
10th October 2002, 05:48
Uni and Toro

Wonder why the things I like are expensive?

In the Philpphines they dont eat Uni and its cheaper than Tuna.

Hyakutake Colin

Dave Lowry
15th October 2002, 21:51
Mr. Hyakutake,
Aren't you down in Kyushu? If so, ever have sake-zushi? Specialty of Kagoshima, really a tasty form of chirashi sushi. If you've had it, I'm betting readers would enjoy your account.

Cordially,

jnakazawa
23rd October 2002, 01:55
ĦUnagi(eel) Sushi is the best!

Micca H
4th November 2002, 08:28
Love Nigiri, especially since were in the Pacific Northwest we ove it with a nice smoked salmon. Always have a little salmon in the fridge. My wife likes nigiri with eel and snapper as well, I love tuna.

Jim_Jude
4th November 2002, 21:29
I used to eat this stuff at a 100yen place down at Shibuya Station. I love that stuff, really easy to make, I like to add onion & shredded cucumber. Oishi! Plus when I make maki sushi for friends, I get a package of that purple seasoned Korean nori. That stuff is the bomb! Folks go crazy over it. If you've never tried it, you have to. Go to a Korean grocery and ask for it.
My fave tho is Nigiri sushi, but I like Fatty or Spicy Tuna, Mackeral, & both Unagi & Anago Eel. I don't really have any fave, tho I lean toward the tunas.

stevemcgee99
17th November 2002, 05:52
Depends on what's fresh in the shop or market. Mostly I like nigiri because I like fish, but I'm really getting into negihama (hamachimaki, hamachinegi, etc.) as a staple. It's a perfect combination of flavor and textures. MMM.

ChrisHein
17th November 2002, 10:44
i'm an unagi man myself, on top of rice with tasty tasty unagi sause all over it.mmmmmmmmmmmm

chris hein
some dude

MarieB
26th November 2002, 12:07
i hate sushi!!! :p

Qasim
27th November 2002, 00:17
Originally posted by MarieB
i hate sushi!!! :p

I pity the fool who hates sushi!

:mst:

Ron Rompen
30th November 2002, 22:26
I am a little embarassed to ask this, but it is better to ask here (sort of in private) than to stick my foot in my mouth in public.

I have heard of all kinds of sushi, sushimi, nigiri, etc, but I'm not really sure what the difference is between them.

Anyone want to post a short list of the differences?

For example, california roll is sushi or sushimi? And what about slices/chunks sitting on a bed of rice?

Qasim
1st December 2002, 02:14
Originally posted by Ron Rompen
I am a little embarassed to ask this, but it is better to ask here (sort of in private) than to stick my foot in my mouth in public.

I have heard of all kinds of sushi, sushimi, nigiri, etc, but I'm not really sure what the difference is between them.

Anyone want to post a short list of the differences?

For example, california roll is sushi or sushimi? And what about slices/chunks sitting on a bed of rice?

Try this link:

http://www.digitalsushi.net/

Here's another link with some photos.

http://www.sushi.infogate.de/photo.htm

:wave:

A. M. Jauregui
14th June 2003, 07:59
Just about nothing bets unagi!

http://www.digitalsushi.net/images/sushitiny_unagi.gif