PDA

View Full Version : Made it!!!

Juan Perez
8th October 2002, 01:47
(Might not belong in this forum, but, most of my military colleagues hang their hat here)

Just got back from the Special Forces Assessment and Selection, Class 08-02. I got selected after a grueling 24 days of running, ruck marching, land navigation, log PT, rifle PT and obstacle courses. It was the most physically and mentally demanding thing I have ever accomplished. Even harder, in my experience, than Ranger School.

The stats are as follows:

1. 284 men were slated to attend.
2. 272 actually showed.
3. 269 began the actual course (3 were dropped due to administrative reasons).
4. About 129 remained just before the long range land navigation exercises, known as "The Star" (about two and a half weeks into the course).
5. About 124 remained just before the dreaded "Long Range Individual Movement" (LRIM).
6. Close to 115 finished the LRIM.
7. 68 were selected for Special Forces training; I was among them.

Take care fellas ... I'll be busy once again, so, I'll check in when I can.

Kolschey
8th October 2002, 02:38
Congratulations, Mr. Perez!

If this course was anything like some of the training regimens I have read about for various branches of SF selection, it must have been a hell of a test. Good luck in your further training!

John Lindsey
8th October 2002, 03:08
Congrats!

Used to be that all you needed to get into SF was a Rolex and a divorce :)

Juan Perez
8th October 2002, 15:39
Well John,

They've kicked up that standard now to include a Harley, and they are even thinking of kicking it up one extra divorce.

Soulend
8th October 2002, 16:35
Good job, Captain Perez. Sounds like a hardcore course.

Mitch Saret
8th October 2002, 18:33
Way to go!

Budoka 34
8th October 2002, 19:11
SFAS
Sore Feet and Shoulders.

I hated the ammo crates and the sandman, the rest seemed like just one long hump!

Way to go Capt.!

:smilejapa

Dog Handler
9th October 2002, 05:19
Awesome, what a challenge, all that hard work paid off.

Kolschey
9th October 2002, 11:33
Dog Handler,

If you would be so kind as to sign your posts with your real, full name as per e-budo rules, it would be greatly appreciated. You can even set up your profile to do this automatically.

Many thanks!

Althaur
9th October 2002, 16:08
HOOAH!!!! Way to go, Sir. Congrats.

Joshua Reis
Filling the fox-holes one recruit at a time.
Golden Gate Recruiting Station, San Francisco(yeah it sucks)

Chiburi
9th October 2002, 17:37
Congratulations!

In a year I'll be applying to Finnish specialjaeger training...it's nothing compared to 24 days of hell, but I'm determined to do it and hopefully get in.

Frankly, as Ali G would say: "Respect!".

Cheers,