PDA

View Full Version : BSKF history - can someone bring me up to date?

Tripitaka of AA
20th October 2002, 01:20
Having seen the BSKF website, and watched the video that was produced a while back I see there have been many changes within the personnel of the organisation. Could any British Kenshi fill me in on who's who and what-ever-happened-to...?

This may include dirty washing that might be best left to Email, rather than the public forum. If anyone would care to drop me a line, I'd be grateful. I'm from the time when Terry Goodman Sensei ran a branch in Bishopsgate and was General Secretary. Paul White Sensei, Richard Jarman Sensei and Graham Nabbs Sensei all had clubs in the South East. Judith and Gary ran the Poole branch.

I'm curious to know how evolution has affected the current BSKF.

m.virmasalo
21st October 2002, 12:42
Graham Nabbs Sensei now lives here in Finland. He moved here about 8 years ago. At first he kept practicing SK with us in Jyväskylä Branch but now I haven't seen him for four or so years. I really miss training with him, he is one of the fastest guys I have trained with.

Tripitaka of AA
21st October 2002, 15:03
Thanks Mikko, I'm glad to hear about Nabbs Sensei. He was my Sensei's Embu partner and so we saw a lot of him at the Abbey Dojo. Fast, yes indeed ;)

MikeCarew
21st October 2002, 22:26
Gassho,

Just to fill in on a few of the names. Paul White Sensi has now opened a new dojo near his home in Croydon at the Addington Palace. One of the nicest venures for a dojo I have seen. I understand that George Lory has been forced into semi retirement through injury and his back. Richard Jarman Sensi is now running the Richmond dojo.

Kesshu
Mike Carew

Tripitaka of AA
22nd October 2002, 01:30
Thanks Mike, the absence of those names from the BSKF club listing had got me worried :( , I was wondering what had happened. Splendid fellows all...