PDA

View Full Version : Mikkyo Buddhism

weaponx
21st August 2000, 04:23
Can anyone help me? I am trying to find sites with info on Mikkyo Buddhism and it relationship to ninpo. Thank You and Peace To All

Kussa
27th August 2000, 17:02
Try a search for Chikarar-ken Dojo in Denver....it is offered to their students......the web sight has some info as well....hope this helps.
Kussa

jion
28th August 2000, 08:05
Greetings-

I'm wondering what kind of connection you might be looking for...

kenkyusha
28th August 2000, 18:04
Kussa,

Welcome to E-budo! It is forum policy to sign posts with full names (to do this simply, configure it into your signature).

Be well,
Jigme

weaponx
2nd September 2000, 06:18
Jion and everyone thank you. In my training I have notice a feeling I have not been able to describe. It seem to me that my martial art training has not only awaken my sleeping body but my mind also. My seinse touches on a few aspects of the mind and after many conversations with him it has lead me on a sort of mind pilgrimage. I have never thought about about religiouns or system of thought but in my recent readings I can across some info about buddha and his teachings after reading this story something inside awoken it seemed so many of my question have been answered. I woundered why I never heard of this. I ran to my seinsei who began by giving me "I Ching" and purchased a book about Buddhism. In my recent awakening I have discovered different forms of buddhism and I am most interested in Tendai and Shingon Mikkyo. I would thank anyone for help in explaing the differences.

Thank you all

jion
4th September 2000, 03:33
Again, I'll have to say that I'm unsure just what connection you are seeking in regards to how it impacts or IS impacted by your martial arts training. I may be able to understand the "feelings" you describe, but as to how they are related to Mikkyo Buddhism, that is another case altogether.

Your teacher presenting you with an issue of the classic, the I-Ching, may help address some of the cyclical and evolutional feelings your mind (and body) may experience as the result of martial arts training. It's relevance to Mikkyo is again, another matter but from the Taoist standpoint, it is a reputable work.

Having a gander at your homepage, I admit that my first reaction was to support your academic study of this connection that you are looking for. Possibly some more study is in order prior to connecting any dots.

I am certain that the official Japanese branches of Mikkyo Buddhism would decline any connection with Ninjutsu or related arts. Quite possibly individual practitioners might be the source of what you seek. It has always been the individuals who have investigated these types of things on a wholly personal, passionate level that could have led to any personal discovery. The relation or connection they may have discovered is therefore a personal one by nature.

Finally, while a cursory study of this type of material may be entertaining, I'm unsure whether it might provide you with the depth of experience that you seek. You might wish to inquire of your teacher once more in regards to deepening your committment to finding the clues you need.

weaponx
9th September 2000, 15:48
Thank you for your help and for not judging me.

ScottNY
14th December 2002, 06:34
I don't know about the Ninpo connection, but for finding out about Mikkyo in general you can do a search for either Tendai or Shingon. there are some interesting site out there.