PDA

View Full Version : Washington, DC or Northern VA Dojo?

eth0mas
22nd October 2002, 17:03
Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone on the forum can recommend a Jujutsu dojo in the DC/Northern VA area? I've been searching around on the web but haven't seen too much. Thanks in advance!

E. Thomas

vadrip
23rd October 2002, 10:34
What style of jiujitsu are you looking for? Where exactly do you live at? I know there are alot of bjj jiujitsu, budoshin jujitsu and some danzan ryu jujutsu schools in the northern va/dc area, you can check out www.jiu-jitsu.net/listings.shtml which lists various jiujitsu styles & schools across the globe. You can always do a search on yahoo and type in va jiujitsu or dc jiujitsu or whatever and get some sites on what you're looking for as well.

MarkF
23rd October 2002, 11:28
Just be prudent when checking into these schools. Jujutsu has many names. Budoshin Jujitsu is one to which one's BS meter should be set on "sensitive."

Danzan ryu is a fine style. Make sure you get a trial class or two.

Mark

BTW: If you don't find anything on Yahoo, do a bit of googling on Google.com.

PaoloV
26th October 2002, 22:05
I met some people from the Quantico Dojo. Haven't trained with them or seen them train, though. Their website: http://qdojo.com

eth0mas
28th October 2002, 15:48
All,

Thanks for the responses. I'm currently living in Vienna, Virgina... pretty central to the DC/Northern Virginia area. I appreciate the responses and will take your suggestions under consideration.

Thanks,
E. Thomas

Kokorou
10th November 2003, 19:50
Budoshin Jujitsu is one to which one's BS meter should be set on "sensitive."

Mark

Mark,

Why do you say that when dealing with Budoshin Jujitsu your "BS" meter should be on?

Just inquiring. I've been studying BJJ for almost eleven years (Started when I was nine), and we've never claimed Koryu status, so I am wondering why you would say this.

no confrontational meaning... just curious.

- Alainna

ShoBushido
13th November 2003, 18:34
Well, it looks like its been a while since you requested this info, but if you are still looking for jujitsu in Northern Virginia, please check out www.shobushido.com. The VA location is in Woodbridge, VA. We blend traditional aiki-jujitsu with a modern battlefield approach. I can be contacted at Becky@shobushido.com for further details. Our schedule is posted on the site, but please call or email before visiting.

Thanks. Hope you find what you are looking for--or it finds you.

Becky Sheetz-Runkle
Sho Bushido Ryu Bujutsu dojo of Woodbridge, VA

Kokorou
13th November 2003, 23:01
I was at the Kirby seminar this past weekend where you performed a short demo before the tournament.

Nice to see you on the boards

ShoBushido
13th November 2003, 23:36
Yes, I noticed from you reply that you were there too. If you are ever in our area, please look us up! We'd be pleased to have you join us. Feel free to contact me at becky@shobushido.com.

Happy training!

Becky Sheetz-Runkle

Kokorou
17th November 2003, 01:45
Originally posted by ShoBushido
Yes, I noticed from you reply that you were there too. If you are ever in our area, please look us up! We'd be pleased to have you join us. Feel free to contact me at becky@shobushido.com.

Happy training!

Becky Sheetz-Runkle

I am looking to move down towards Arlington, so that might be a possibility ;)

Thomas-Sensei has been trying to get me down there for awhile, but the commute from baltimore to arlington for classes is a bit extreme. I get there when I can-- usually on the weekends.