PDA

View Full Version : Introduction: PLEASE READ!

Nathan Scott
21st August 2000, 17:25
Hello List-ka,

It is with great pleasure that I announce Obata Toshishiro Sensei, founder of the Japanese sword art "Shinkendo", and the research organization "Aikido Aikibujutsu Tanren Kenkyukai".

As many of you are already aware, Mr. Obata has had extensive training - both formally and some informally, in a multitude of Budo since he moved from his home in Gunma-ken to Tokyo Japan at the age of 18.

Today, he is primarily focused on the dissemination of Shinkendo and the development of the Aiki Buken, and is a professional, full time instructor with over 30 years experience in teaching, and over 50 dojo branches world wide.

Mr. Obata has film and TV experience in the past both as an Action Coordinator as well as an actor, of which he was trained in both skills in Japan.

I have approached Obata Sensei with the idea of coming to this forum because I feel it opens a rare opportunity to access someone of his experience to the members of e-budo from all around the world that I've come to know and respect here over the last year or so.

It is my sincere hope that those that pose questions to Obata Sensei will do so in a considerate, thoughtful manner so that further opportunities to approach Obata Sensei and other senior Budoka over the internet will be embraced.

I will be monitoring this forum consistently, and will assist in moderation of the correspondence, should it become necessary. Any rude, inappropriate or politically sensitive comments/questions will be deleted immediately, and Mr. Lindsey will be notified.

Please enjoy this week with Obata Sensei! I consider myself extremely fortunate to have had so much time and instruction with him.

Regards,