PDA

View Full Version : The Supreme Sword Master

hjnorris
11th November 2002, 16:45
http://www.winjitsu.com/sword_form.html

Witness his awesome skills for yourself and tremble!

Ok, just kidding! Thought folks might enjoy this on a monday! ;)

Soulend
11th November 2002, 17:12
Like to see him do it with a shinken.

Colin Lam
12th November 2002, 02:58
Am i having problem with my eyes or he's really holding onto the blade while doing those "kata" ?

R A Sosnowski
12th November 2002, 03:11
Yet another poor soul with too much time on his hands and no sense of Budo logic. I have seen better Wu Shu routines. ;)

It looks like a "Bad Budo" candidate to me.

ROTFLMAO. :laugh:

Raymond Sosnowski

gmellis
12th November 2002, 03:45
Was it just my imagination or did I see the sword wobble side-to-side on one of those front-cutting camera shots? Is that the Wu Shu competition model of curved blade or something, or just one of those Halloween Ninjer swords made of tinfoil?
As for Yoda...That's not official sanctioned Katori Shinto Ryu as Yoda learned it at the Jedi Academy by some visiting mekyo swordsman and has a certificate under the previous headmaster. You can see how his sword is slightly tilted offline outward. Very sloppy form. Obviously their Katori has "evolved" a bit since breaking with the mainline. I guess what I'm trying to say is, what a sissy, I could take em.

Ka1yama
12th November 2002, 14:00
I say, somone give Yoda honorary menkyu kaiden in katori shinto ryu. Ease up on the litle guy, hmmm 800 When 800 years you reach, look as good you will not
HHHMMMMMmmmm
Neil Stewart

Ka1yama
12th November 2002, 14:03
The more I look at him the more he reminds me of either Hatsumi sensei, or my cat!
Neil Stewart:toot

Andy Watson
12th November 2002, 14:45
I have looked at some of his stuff on this site and indeed it is the same old claptrap..."Look at me, this is original, I made this, this is better than the rest, I am a ninja, this is dream/experience/battlefield inspired blah blah blah".

Get a grip.

One for the bad budo bin please...

hjnorris
12th November 2002, 18:06
Ah, if I were a troll, I'd say that you guys were all intimidated! :D But since I want to live... ;)

I'm glad it was found to an amusing diversion.

Tetsuo
12th November 2002, 18:48
Actually it's winjitsu.com...

Charlie Kondek
12th November 2002, 19:25
This hurts me. Here's my question. Okay you just cut somebody down with that dildo or whatever the dude is wielding. So then, there's an oppone behind you and you turn - and stick your hand out at the opponent with the blade behind yer back?! What are you gonna do with that hand, parry?

Alex Meehan
14th November 2002, 12:19
I'll say one thing for him, his rolls are good. Check out the dive roll video.

Alex

Bambi
14th November 2002, 15:05
check the extra touch of having ninjas wail on guitars as background music. Sweet.

ScottUK
17th November 2002, 13:47
There's a link on there to buy his videos - damn, where's me wallet? (a fool and his money are soon parted!)

hakuda
17th November 2002, 17:23
I thnk he'll survive a vicious killer cucumber attack. Too bad all that cutting didn't slice up his overly engorged ego.

Carlos Estrella
17th November 2002, 18:11
IMHO...

Let's be real here... in the vid, he kicks in the kneeling position (what happened to hands to the groin when on your knees - some ninja master!) and that behind the back sword posture... THAT'LL do you good in combat! (He actually PAUSES with it behind his back - for coolness effect I assume.)

BTW... that sword may as well be a twirler's baton... the moves themselves are better suited to Chinese weapons forms in a Saturday-afternoon Kung-Fu flick(PLEASE FORGIVE ME - any Chinese stylists who are reading this, as I KNOW your forms are both beautiful and effective training tools for your arts).

Noodles
24th November 2002, 23:35
Good lord are some of those other videos BAD!

:mad: