PDA

View Full Version : Training Down Under

Phil Gear
12th November 2002, 05:33
Hello all, pleased to be apart of the forum!

I am interested in training in the Bujinkan Australia.
I have a few questions: I have had a look at the two dojos here in Perth - and have been "very" impressed with both schools, students, and instructors.

The various instructors were Shidoshi-ho Andrew Jarvis, and Godan ranked Andrew Netes. I know people tend to sway away from answering these questions and reply with "whoever seems to fit you, or convenience etc", but i would really appreciate a response on (word of mouth) who would probably be more suitable to train with?

Personally, i think they're very similar, and can't make my mind up.
Mr Jarvis i gathered focused on technique a little more vs Mr Netes on Natural/relaxed postures. They both covered all areas, but appeared to specify in that direction.

Any help?

Also, who would be the more efficient practitioners around Aus (as i will be travelling mid next year).
I have heard of Mike Tattoli, Mike Hammond, Jamie Macaninch, Ed Lomax, Duncan Stewart, Tim Bathurst and Darren Horvath? Obviously i won't be able to travel with all, and it depends where i end up - but any preferences (albeit up to personal preference of course) ?

Finally, out of curiosity - are there any Jinenkan schools in Aus, or Genbukan in Perth?

Best Regards, enjoy as you wish.
Phil Gear