PDA

View Full Version : Attention all male budoka

Ninja2004
13th November 2002, 02:08
For any males who wear black fatigues in place of traditional gi pants in training...might want to give this some thought:D....

I just returned from tonights training. Tonight my instructor and I were doing some techniques involving onikudaki. After getting the feel for the technique, my instructor tried to throw in another strike to see my adaptation to it. It wound up with us both on the ground. As I rotated onto my stomach, with him on my back the buttons on my fatigues dug into my ehm reproductive organ, and caused the worst pain I have ever felt while training. This of course led to the last 15 minutes of class with me on the floor, rolling in agony....so before you strap on your fatigues to train in you might want to think twice:D

Chris

Noodles
13th November 2002, 02:18
O_O

I'll keep my nice, button-less gi pants, thanks.

Oni
13th November 2002, 03:39
Actually this was a very good lesson for you in reality. One of the things we used to do in the dojo I trained at in Tampa was to have a 'Street Clothes' week. During this week we were encouraged to wear clothes that might be tighter or more restrictive, clothes we might actually be wearing were we to encounter trouble in our every day lives. It was interesting to discover what might or might not change depending on what you were wearing...particular for the women.

Jim_Jude
13th November 2002, 07:14
Is that what you're talking about? Wow, I've never had that happen, & I've been training in BDU's on & off for 10years. Hmmm... I'll watch out.

Hekta
18th November 2002, 02:44
Originally posted by Oni
Actually this was a very good lesson for you in reality. One of the things we used to do in the dojo I trained at in Tampa was to have a 'Street Clothes' week. During this week we were encouraged to wear clothes that might be tighter or more restrictive, clothes we might actually be wearing were we to encounter trouble in our every day lives. It was interesting to discover what might or might not change depending on what you were wearing...particular for the women.

In winter I wear my Gi pants around as normal pants they're much more comfortable than jeans etc and they're a bit more attractive than Track pants :)

trickyricky69
19th November 2002, 03:16
Sorry to hear about that. I can attest to that. But I guess its better than getting it zipped in the zipper....owch...that brought back a painful memory.

I wear sweat pants as they tend to last longer for me than gi-pants.
BDU's are pretty expensive here where I am, as there is only one store that sells them as of present, because the other 3-4 shut down!

AGGGG!!!

God Bless,
Ricky Holladay
Attalla, AL

P.S.- I also finally found a training group near me, my cousin runs a small training group with his friends. They call it Gallant Bujutsu.
They work on jujutsu and taijutsu. Thanks to everyone who responded to help me find a group! God Bless!:D

trickyricky69
19th November 2002, 03:19
Before this gets out of hand, Gallant Bujutsu is not a style, Gallant is a community about 4 miles from where I am in NE Alabama. Bujutsu is the term they use because they don't consider themselves an official dojo, only a training group which share ideas with one another, and work on what they learn from their teachers in Birmingham, Trussville, and Huntsville.

Take care and thanks for letting me clear that one up!

God Bless!

Ricky Holladay
Attalla, AL