PDA

View Full Version : Nobody knows the Grasshopper

KenpoKev
15th November 2002, 20:19
I must lament, no one seems to know about "Young Grasshopper" anymore.

All I get are blank stares from my students, likely thinking "There goes sensei again with some off-the-wall saying that doesn't make sense". And I'm just trying to make a joke. :D

I guess I'm just an old phart living in the past...

Steven Malanosk
15th November 2002, 20:35
No!

It's up to you, to educate your people, as to the martial arts initial BOOM, that they missed out on.

Good or not so good, they should be shown the ROOTS of the popularization of the martial arts in the west, circa 60s and 70s.

I suggest the book, The History Of Karate In America, by Al Weiss, who was the owner of Official KaraTe Magazine. You can get it on Barnes and Noble's search, along with many other places.

Rogier
18th November 2002, 07:52
please no bad John Wayne comments... I hate it when someone brings up the Grasshopper thing... yes... I'm 24 years old and I've watched too much John Wayne movies :D

Kenpokev.... you're should be making Daniel-san comments nowadays... most of the people don't even know who John Wayne is anymore.. but they all know mr. Miyagi..

MarkF
18th November 2002, 10:53
Kevin,
Old Phart?

Now that's phat!

Mark

18th November 2002, 11:11
Originally posted by Rogier
please no bad John Wayne comments... I hate it when someone brings up the Grasshopper thing... yes... I'm 24 years old and I've watched too much John Wayne movies :D

Kenpokev.... you're should be making Daniel-san comments nowadays... most of the people don't even know who John Wayne is anymore.. but they all know mr. Miyagi..

24?........I got a Gi that is the same age. ;)

Rogier
18th November 2002, 11:18
24?........I got a Gi that is the same age.

I hope you've washed it :D :D

Anyway age does not really matter, for I am a Soke.... and in touch with the Astral Ninja's..... watch it or I'll drop a spoon :D :D

18th November 2002, 11:21
Originally posted by Rogier

I hope you've washed it :D :D

Are they supposed to be washed? :eek:

Rogier
18th November 2002, 12:14
I'm getting to know far more about you than I'd like to.... :D

Anyway I've used the Grasshopper comment a few times myself... and everyone looks at me with a blank stare....