PDA

View Full Version : Kata Workshop

Rob Alvelais
17th November 2002, 01:21
The Northern California branch of the Shoto Research Society, International and the Pacific Coast Karate-do Association is pleased to present an opportunity to study the kata Gankaku and the Okinawan and Japanese kata that influenced its development.

JKA Gankaku:
Presented by Jon Keeling 20 years JKA Shotokan, including 8 years in Japan.

Shito Ryu Chinto:
Presented by Rob Alvelais, 5th Dan Shito Ryu. Member of USAKF Hall of Fame.

Renshinkan Shorinji Chinto (precursor to SKI’s Gankaku Sho):
Presented by Takamori Kaida

Yabu Chinto:
Presented by Leroy Rodrigues, 8th Dan Shinkyu Shotokan

This is a unique opportunity to get on the ‘mat’, learn, train, compare and contrast these kata and their applications and to gain new insights into one’s own karate.

Date:
Sunday, December 8th, 2002
Time:
Noon-4:00pm
21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
http://www.deanza.fhda.edu/map/directions.html

Mat fee: $20 (includes certificate of participation)

Contact Pete Rabbitt for more information and to reserve your place:
408-864-8352
RabbittPete@fhda.edu

Rob Alvelais

Sochin
17th November 2002, 17:49
Too cool! But too far away, :(

I'll be there in heart,

Rob Alvelais
25th November 2002, 18:20
The Yabu Chinto portion of the seminar is open to Black Belts Only (per the request of Shihan Rodrigues)

Shihan Leroy Rodrigues, 9th Dan Shinkyu Shotokan has graciously agreed to share with us a rare version of the Chinto Kata: Yabu No Chinto. As, this is a rare and advanced kata, this bonus session will be open to Black Belt practitioners only. This is definitely a "Don't Miss" event, since Yabu Chinto is a rare kata, even on Okinawa.

There will be no additional charge for the Yabu Chinto Seminar.

kusanku
25th November 2002, 20:45
Darned rare, apparently, Rob.I sure never heard of that one.'Course, the olnly ones I know are the Shotokan Gankaku, the Kobayashi Chinto and the Matsubayashi Chinto, plus have seen the Isshinryu chinto.

Anyway, that sounds like a really good seminar, sorry I am too far away and plus too financially insolvent to arricve there mon self.

But I too, will be there in spirit, and if you hear from the back of the room, the krunch of popcorn and the slupr of lemonade, 'twill be the spirt of Vengels Past partaking whilst watching and imbibing the knowledge.:D

Good luck to all present.Say Hi to all my buddies from SRSI and the Shihan-Kai.

John