PDA

View Full Version : ANy women?

Aenea
20th November 2002, 21:44
I was looking and I noticed that this section included women in martial arts issues which excited me of course...But there was not a whole lot. Are there many women on this forum?
Amanda Aasved

bgb
21st November 2002, 14:30
Welcome, Amanda!

I believe this forum is more for questions/comments/concerns regarding "special" issues that arise when instructing or training with women, rather than a forum FOR women.

E-budo is full of women and, as you may have noticed, we mix it up with the men in the other forums. Some of the more senior members such as Cady Goldfield and Margaret Lo are, of course, women. Although you will run across the occasional post that makes you roll your eyes, this is a good board for people of either gender.

I have yet to find a really good board just for women martial artist. The female dominated boards do tend to have a different feel. There is less posturing (ie my art is better than your art) but also fewer members with decades of experince. If you know of a good one I'd like its address.

Thanks,
Barb Bloom

mews
21st November 2002, 20:07
I'm on the kiai list, and there are a bunch of us who have been around for a bit - 20 - 25 + yrs in training.

Sometimes it is very active, other times not.

kiai@apocolypse.org

mew