PDA

View Full Version : ShorinRyu MATSUSOKAN

Ja Pe
25th November 2002, 08:43
Can anybody lavish some info or linage on Matsusokan-shorin ryu?

Sochin
25th November 2002, 14:19
Sorry, Ja Pe,
but no can help.

You are welcome here, tho, :)

Please note the rules at the bottom of each page, thanks.

fuwafuwausagi
27th November 2002, 09:03
Ya know I just get that "trolling feeling"...

Never the less Matsusokan is a city in Texas, it is also the name of what once was Yabiku's system and now Tony Sandavol's system.

Ja Pe
27th November 2002, 12:21
mmmm Intresting...The main reason I asked is that about 10 yrs ago,
I trained in a Shorin Ryu Matsusokan dojo in Victoria, Australia.
I was going through an old box looking at the mass of patches and memorbilia I have...And thought hey Matsusokan ???? never seen it any where else!

Ja Pe
27th November 2002, 12:30
I do remember though that They do have a good standing in the general SHORIN RYU groups of different linage.

Jay Petage

fuwafuwausagi
27th November 2002, 20:33
I think the general consensus is the group has some good quality practitioners whom are prone to exaggeration of fanciful recollection in terms of lineage. I know of several practitioners and they are "fine guys" I just think they may have been misled a bit here and there regarding "white crane". That does not make the students insincere nor diminish their instructors' skill, it just sort of "icks" some people out (George Dillman's group is similar in this sense). That is my take on it, but in all honesty I know little about the group, so if someone with real knowledge of the situation tells you different take my comments with a grain of salt.

All the best...

fuwafuwausagi
27th November 2002, 20:37
By the by, what sentiment are you trying to express with the expression "don't think...feel"? Is it martial in nature or political?

Curious,

Paihequan
27th November 2002, 22:06
I am a former Matsusokan member I can help share some light on the subject if you wish. The "Matsusokan" name was one given by Yabiku Takaya and Tony Sandoval. The symbol was of the Shuri-no-mon inside the Okinawan Sho (3 Blades symbol). The art taught via the Matsusokan was Matsumura Seito Shorin-Ryu although they also looked at various Crane Kata. The Matsusokan name was dropped by Yabiku in around 1995/1996 but was continued on with by Sandoval for a short time until he too dropped using the name. The Australian contingent changed it's name to Soken Kinen Kan.

Ja Pe
28th November 2002, 03:06
fuwafuwausagi,

The Quote " Don't think Feel" Is from a Bruce Lee movie ,Enter the Dragon.
Being that I was bought up in martial arts through the Bruce Lee fad
of the 70's -80's.

It don't understand how it could be presented as political!

Jay Petage

fuwafuwausagi
28th November 2002, 09:11
It was written:

It don't understand how it could be presented as political!

My reply:

In the U.S. about 60% of the population runs around "not thinking" and concerning themselves with nonsense such as "how it makes me feel", or "how it makes someone feel"...cripes they have bloody well trampled the foundation of this country in the form of the Constitution proper and our Bill of Rights with there touchy-feely "feel" politicsm creating a bunch of BS legislation resulting in "hate-talk" as a crime and "hate-thought", as well as the general nonsense of hate crimes.

At any way that was the reference, and I did not know if you were speaking martially or were some sort of touchy-feely-liberal flake.
Regards,

Ja Pe
28th November 2002, 13:27
It also was written...

At any way that was the reference, and I did not know if you were speaking martially or were some sort of touchy-feely-liberal flake

;) Personally I'd like the label if you must "touchy-feely-martially"

because Martial arts to be is only about the touchy feely...
:rolleyes:

Shove the politics... thats got to do with the "word arts" of government.

Jay Petage

Don't concentrate on the finger or you'll miss all that heavenly glory..