PDA

View Full Version : Hey any of you guys ever do the dog brothers thing?

ChrisHein
28th November 2002, 08:21
hey I have studyed aikido jo work from the iwama style, and i was thinking about trying it in the dog brothers tourny to see if it worked well. I was wondering if any of you may have tryed it, or have done some similer full contact jo, or stick fighting?
thanx
chris hein

ChrisHein
5th December 2002, 00:50
hey so no one is talking on this one? whats up? you dont' like the dog brouthers, you don' t like stick fighting, you don't like jo, you think i'm a flippen idiot?
come one sum'pten now
chirs hein

FastEd
5th December 2002, 04:09
I do kendo..its more then enough!

Jack B
5th December 2002, 16:01
My buddy who does Indonesian (Remy Presas) and CQC has met the dog bros, just says they're "good people with good stuff". I've never met or seen them. Sorry...

:(

Bruce Mitchell
5th December 2002, 16:21
Bring ice, lots of ice...
I say go for it, but don't be suprised if you get the short end of teh stick:D . These guys are good at what they do, and they do it alot. I would guess that the first few times that you do it may be dissapointing to you (be careful not to view a loss as a measure of effectiveness of your current art), but with time you will get better at sparring against these guys as you learn their tactics. But...you will probaly end up modifying your technique in a way that does not benefit your core training. Should be fun and informative either way. Best of luck (remember the ice!).