PDA

View Full Version : Hanshi Malanoski

Richard Horrowi
1st December 2002, 02:53
Congratulations to Hanshi Steve Malanoski ninth dan Judan of USA Goju. He was recently promoted and updated his website. Good job

Richard Horrowitz

Tatsu
1st December 2002, 10:53
Congratulations sir!

Steven Malanosk
1st December 2002, 14:18
Befor it starts............

Rank, is immaterial.

It's who you are, not what rank you are.

Didn't ask for it.

Am much to young for it.

Something to work to live up to, in the future.

Hefty position, organization wise.

But otherwise.

It's just me.

Ski
:wave: :smilejapa :wave:

Steven Malanosk
1st December 2002, 15:00
Hi Ken,

Sensei is doing much better lately.

He lives in Mt. Ephraim New Jersey.

His teaching, as per the norm, is by apointment only, to his private students.

Ski

Goju Man
1st December 2002, 17:32
Congrats Ski. I'll buy the colada.;)

Mark Tankosich
4th December 2002, 00:20
The person who started this thread wrote: "Congratulations to Hanshi Steve Malanoski ninth dan Judan of USA Goju."

Respectfully, can I ask what "ninth dan Judan" means? Isn't "Judan" Japanese for 10th dan?

Best,

Mark

Kyoshi Perry
4th December 2002, 00:53
Malanoski, Hanshi,

Congratulations!!

I am proud to call you my friend and dojo brother.

Your many years in martial arts and loyalty to your Sensei has rewarded you with abundance of friends and family, everything else is byproduct of hard training.

Keep going, there is nothing else!!

Chien

Glenn Perry
Chinese Goju

Richard Horrowi
4th December 2002, 01:38
Mark than you for pointing out my error it should say kudan. Malanoski if you care less about rank you sure fooled me as your webpage lists you as Hanshi 14 times, Master 3 times, and 9th Dan 3 times as well.

Goju Man
4th December 2002, 02:34
Mark than you for pointing out my error it should say kudan. Malanoski if you care less about rank you sure fooled me as your webpage lists you as Hanshi 14 times, Master 3 times, and 9th Dan 3 times as well.

Are you kidding me? Are you getting paid for this?

TommyK
4th December 2002, 02:55
Greetings,

Just my opinion but, anyone who can 'walk the talk' can call himself anything he wants, even in multiples! Congratulations to those that can!!

Regards,
TommyK

Steven Malanosk
4th December 2002, 04:25
Glenn, Mike, Tom, Manny, Ken, Bryan, thanks very much for your kind words. I am honored by your friendship.

Glenn, our brotherhood is a precious possession that I hold close to my heart. Chien!

Much love,

Oss!

Ski

Goju Man
4th December 2002, 12:33
Glenn, Mike, Tom, Manny, Ken, Bryan, thanks very much for your kind words. I am honored by your friendship.

Then you can buy the colada.:D

Tricky Dicky, where you be trainin'? Mrs. Horrowitz, can Richie come out to play?:p

Steven Malanosk
4th December 2002, 16:04
Ok, I'm buying!

Got to be an affordable coladaria though. Spent most of my mad money, on this new obi.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Richard Horrowi
7th December 2002, 20:04
Ken, you said too much free time and yet you've responded as many times as I have here? As for the Alliance guys you all have enough enemies in South Florida you should be watching your backs and not worrying about me. Since your writing of coffee I'm surprised the other well established alliance member Bustello hasn't chimed in you guys seem to go 1,2 ,3 in just about every post on e-budo. Steady Posting is all you guys seem to do. As for Kyoshi Glen another egomaniac signing his title to everything, I just love that Chinese Goju, I'm thinking of studying Japanese Tai Chi.

Richard Horrowitz

Bustillo, A.
8th December 2002, 01:09
Horrorwitz,

I was skeptical about this thread and thought it was joke. And that everyobe was following along. I mean all this congratulating...too much.

And, I thought Mr. Malanowski gave a good reply with his somewhat sacastic remark.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steven Malanosk
[B]Befor it starts............

Rank, is immaterial. (yet, everything in the Universe)

It's who you are, not what rank you are.(And make no mistake,I'm 'Hanshi')

Didn't ask for it.( But hell, you can bet I'm not declining it...did I miss one on my webpage?)

Am much to young for it. (So what, I had it coming all along)

Something to work to live up to, in the future. ( And hurry up and start making new dan grades , because at this pace Ill run out of 'em by New Years.)

Hefty position, organization wise. ( And that is what it's all about... and don't ya forget it. Or I'll give ya the mark of the squealer...)

But otherwise.

It's just me ( Hanshi Ski)

...just checked to verfiy...guess it wasn't a joke. For the record the hanshi titles looked like they were all on the main page.

BTW. Horrorwitz , good one about the coffee brand Bustelo.
I laughed.

Steven Malanosk
8th December 2002, 01:57
Hey Antonio, or should I say Mr. Coffee,"that's rich"

Have not given the mark of the squealer, in years.:p

How about the mark of the NJ Devils? I'll bet they melt the ice today against the Great White North!

Naaaaaaaah Ken, he's not into winter sports.

Me, I'll stick to SKIing......................

MarkF
8th December 2002, 17:03
Perhaps it was someone else, but Richards posting concerning your advancement had me thinking of something I thought a little strange, Steven.

In the Dan-i grading system, the red sash is worn by 9-dan and 10-dan only. I seem to recall the last time I looked at pictures of you on your page and on other pages, when you were graded 8-dan, you were wearing a red belt.

You may respond that it is in your system, and that it is different, but if you claim dan-i as your licensing system, it doesn't explain that little pecadillo. It either is or it isn't, true?

Just curious.

Mark

Goju Man
8th December 2002, 19:30
Is that like book 'em Dan O?

Since your writing of coffee I'm surprised the other well established alliance member Bustello

BTW Ritchie, it's Bustelo, with only one l.

As for the Alliance guys you all have enough enemies in South Florida you should be watching your backs and not worrying about me.

Huh? They don't have to look too hard, must not be lookin'.:p

Goju Man
8th December 2002, 19:33
BTW, Ski, can I get get a couple of dans from you along with that colada?:D

Goju Man
8th December 2002, 22:56
Congrats Steve, you now outrank Chuck Norris. http://www.ufaf.org/founder_page.htm

Steven Malanosk
9th December 2002, 01:16
To get to the picadillo of the subject Mark..........even though whenever belts and rank are discussed, it leads to disgust, I'll bite.

The belt you see, is the standard kyoshi belt used in our USA GoJu system. It is a black obi with a red stripe in the center. We kept this from our Nippon GoJuKai roots.

For the record, I usually wear a regular black belt, just like everyone else.

As for me giving rank to others. If you know anything about me, you know it is easier to pull your own teeth, than to get dan ranks from me.

Here, I'll save someone the trouble:

Oh! Ok Steve, you want to keep all the rank for yourself ehh?

Look people, the rank was given to me by the Sensei. I was going to keep it in the drawer for the future and never speak of it. It had to be put on the Urban website, which is not my website, but my spot on the organizational site. But since someone seems so eager to visit the site so frequently, and post his findings here, now it's of public record. That's your doing, not mine, and you know what? Too f%$@#ing bad!

As to Chuck Norris, does this sinch me a spot on Walker Texas Ranger?

Goju Man
9th December 2002, 02:40
For those of you out there who have taken this seriously, you should know that many organizations hand out rank differently and at different times. Example, I was given a link to an Oyata blackbelts web site, he received a rokyudan in ten years. http://www.ryushu.com/sensei.html Even though the requirements of his organization states different time requirements. Watch out steve, he's gonna pass you.:D

As to Chuck Norris, does this sinch me a spot on Walker Texas Ranger?

I don't know about that, I think it's just reruns now in syndication, but you can play Estephan, Capitan de la Migra.:D

Steven Malanosk
9th December 2002, 02:55
No! Captain of the Dept. of Immigration and Naturalization, is not enough! You know how egotistical I am! I demand to be General!

This way when I go to a tournament in Miami and they announce my entrance, everyone will run out the back door. :p

Dont really care about not making the Walker projrct.

I am however still pissed, that they stole my life story, to make the movie, American Ninja, without giving me the promised credits.

Those who actually know me, should get a chuckle from that.......

Goju Man
9th December 2002, 03:01
I am however still pissed, that they stole my life story, to make the movie, American Ninja, without giving me the promised credits.

I still haven't got mine for Beverly Hills Ninja! :laugh:

This way when I go to a tournament in Miami and they announce my entrance, everyone will run out the back door.

At least I'd have a friend in there.:D

I could win by default.:D

Karate Freak
10th December 2002, 19:36
Congrats. Hanshi Malanoski !
I was at the NY tournament back in....200 I believe.
You were one of my judges I believe.
it was an awsome experience, it was my first time out of Canada :)
Best wishes to you and your organization.

Steven Malanosk
10th December 2002, 20:22
THANKS AYE! :wave: :smilejapa :wave:

Karate Freak
10th December 2002, 20:50
Originally posted by Steven Malanosk
THANKS AYE! :wave: :smilejapa :wave:

thanks for the second and third place ! :D

Karate Freak
10th December 2002, 21:40
Originally posted by Kenzo
C'MON EH IT'S EH;)

lol Thats right eh.

Steven Malanosk
10th December 2002, 21:47
Is it???????

Sorry.

Funny, that's how I figured that it was spelled, but saw different elsewhere, by what I thought was one of you guys. Mt Mom's side of the family are French Canadian, but I suppose my NYC / Russian ethnicity prevail in my cultural awareness.:mst:

I am however familiar with the age old adages of:

Take off! and Hoser

Beauty eh!

I also have a love, for back bacon.

Hey Ken, who won the game?

Steven Malanosk
11th December 2002, 08:44
Yes, I am aware of him.

I understand he is very good.

The GoJu Jitsu name is generic in a way, and depending on the kanji used, can take on different meanings, as you know.

There are numerous folks using or having had used the name.

In my school of thought, it is a concept. A vehicle for transference of academia.

GoJu Jitsu is a systematic way, of teaching the arts of GoJu Ryu KaraTe, ShobuDo Ryu JuJitsu and KoBuDo, so that rather than separate entities, can be appreciated as one full curriculum of study.

GoJu Jitsu teaches traditional martial arts, with a modern accent.
The classical makeup of the styles, have not been edited or deleted.
They have been blended, in a complimenting format.