PDA

View Full Version : Ninjutsu Characters

randori
1st December 2002, 20:05
I am looking for the Ninja Character (Symbol) and any other related Symbols (in Japanese of course). If you have any or know where I can find these please let me know.

Thank you,

KJF

Michael Price
2nd December 2002, 11:08
Is this roughly what you're looking for?

-Michael Price

Doug Tweedy
3rd December 2002, 22:17
Just type "kanji" in any search engine (like Google.com) and you will find plenty of what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Doug

Tamdhu
3rd December 2002, 22:40
Why do I have the sneaking suspicion that the original poster is foraging for materials to decorate his website announcing his recent Sokeship of the new 'ninjutsu-based' art of 'Ganseki Neko Chan ryu Ninjitsu'?

randori
4th December 2002, 03:20
Thank you Doug,

KJF

Oni
4th December 2002, 04:46
Randori,

Please note it is E-Budo policy to sign all posts with your full name. Failure to do so may cause suspension or deletion of your account. You can easily setup an auto-signature in your 'user op' menu.

Thanks,

Rokushakubo
4th December 2002, 10:57
You could also try Stephen Hayes' website over at

www.skhquest.com

It has a bit about the Japanese language in one of the articles and shows the kanji for "nin" and "ja". Of course, if Tamdhu is right and you are planning to use them for decorating a website or something similar, I'd check the copyright info first... Still, there's nothing stopping you using the shapes to draw your own kanji...

(Go to Learn About Us -> Articles -> Tradition -> Japanese Language)

randori
4th December 2002, 14:29
Gareth thank you for your reply. I want to frame a Kanji symbol and hang it on my wall. I in no way want to violate any copyright laws nor do I have a web-site or claim to be any thing other than what I am. I do not engage in electronic arguments therefore I did not feel the need to respond to the other gentleman's post regarding this matter. I do appreciate you taking your time to answer my question.

Take care,

KJF

Rokushakubo
5th December 2002, 08:42
Well, I always try to be as helpful as possible.

On a related topic, I was looking for a way of writing Kanji on the computer and came across this link:

http://user.dtcc.edu/~berlin/font/japanese.htm

If you download the kanji112.zip file (~1.5Mb) it gives you 10 or so fonts with a total of around 2500 kanji (and kana). It's a bit awkward trying to find the one you want - I spent most of last night searching through them to find relevant ones (like Bu, Shin, Kan, etc...). It does come with an MS Word file which tabulates them all, and they are in some sort of order, but it still can be quite difficult to find the ones you want. I still can't find the kanji for "Sha" (or "Ja" - the second part of Ninja) in there!

randori
5th December 2002, 14:40
Gareth if you come across anything that applies to Ninjutsu please let me know.

Thanks again,

KjF

Rokushakubo
5th December 2002, 15:28
There are loads of 'em in there. After about an hour last night, I'd at least found the kanji covering these:

Bujinkan
Taijutsu
Ninjutsu
Dojo
Yamabushi

along with several other useful ones, such as:

Oni
Zenpo

and several others...

As I said though, I can't find the one for "Sha" (or "Ja") in there. I looked through them all several times last night and it doesn't seem to exist, except as parts of other kanji.

I hope I find it sooner or later as I'm currently in the process of writing an HTML menu system for a training CD-ROM that our dojo is producing and I want to put the names of the techniques in Romaji, Kanji and English. Obviously, without "Sha", techniques like "Musha Dori" go straight out of the window...

randori
5th December 2002, 23:25
Rokushakubo could you email me the Bujinkan Taijutsu and Ninjutsu
symbols please?

Thanks,

Kevin Frugé
kfruge66@yahoo.com

Rokushakubo
6th December 2002, 08:54
If you download the fonts from the link I gave earlier then you can find the kanji on there. They are true-type fonts, so you can make them whatever size you want.

When I get home tonight, if I remember, I'll email you the locations of the ones I've found so far. I remember that:

BU = font KanjiA, number 068

(i.e. select the "KanjiA" font, number 068 which corresponds to the (capital) letter "D" on the keyboard.)

Unfortunately, for some of the letters, you have to go through Insert > Symbol in MS Word.

I've got the others written down and I'll post them up here later.