PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Honzan

Onno
2nd December 2002, 22:43
Gassho __||__

As promised I have made a small write up about our (my wife,Chieko & I) trip to Honzan. For those that are interested you can find it at the following address.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/onno65/Honzan/

If any one has any questions, comments, or had a simmilar experience please feel free to post them here.

Kesshu

Onno Kok
Alberta Shibu
Calgary Canada

Kimpatsu
3rd December 2002, 07:05
We had a chance to meet with fellow "E-Budo"er Tony (aka Kimpatsu) at the Dubliner's Irish pub in Shinjuku. I thought it would be the first time for us to meet him, but he quickly reminded us that we had met 5 years earlier in Kyoto. We were all there for the 50th anniversary Taikai of course. He has a good memory, he even remembered what we were talking about. It was good to see him, we had good fun and I learned a bit more Japanese too. I'm not sure where my brain was ( on the bottom of a jug of beer probably ) because I did not even think to take a picture together with him.
I would have broken the camera, Onno. Content yourself with this likeness of me. :D

Tripitaka of AA
3rd December 2002, 07:26
Thanks Onno, that was a great article. It brought back a lot of happy memories for me (I only went to Hombu once, after the 1985 International Taikai, never to be forgotten).

You took some great pictures too... apparently you know how to arrange perfect weather for sightseeing. Please describe the techniques for this :D .

Kimpatsu
3rd December 2002, 08:17
Originally posted by Tripitaka of AA
You took some great pictures too... apparently you know how to arrange perfect weather for sightseeing. Please describe the techniques for this.
Sorry, David, this is a secret technique passed down only by the greatest of masters to their chosen pupils. It is most definitely not taught to plebs. You must train arduously for many years before even beginning the training for this most secret of techniques.
Alternatively, you can use MS Photoshop to doctor the pictures...
Next week, a different technique: how to cook sausages in a teapot... :p

Onno
3rd December 2002, 16:46
Gassho __||__

Alternatively, you can use MS Photoshop to doctor the pictures...

Actually there is only one photo that was doctored (other than adding borders). The picture of the two of us standing by Fuji-san. There was a boy walking behind us as the shutter snapped. It was a quick fix on the computer, as you can still see his ghostly remains on my left arm.

As for the weather... Tony's first explanation is more accurate.:rolleyes:

Tony! A security cam at the pub we went to took a snap of the two of us. I guess I did not need the camera after all.;)
http://www.members.shaw.ca/onno65/Onno & Tony at the Dubliners.jpg
He wears his Hoi all over Tokyo Hmmm....

Take care all

Kesshu

Onno Kok
Alberta Shibu
Calgary Canada

Kimpatsu
4th December 2002, 00:53
Damn! My secret identity has been revealed at last...

Tripitaka of AA
9th December 2002, 10:26
Tony, you've not changed a bit since I last saw you!

But Onno-san, did you let the Busen practise their Seiho on your neck a bit too much!! That looks just a bit TOO flexible :eek: .